cheeky client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa'sLuxuries

Reaction score
hi eyeryone just thought i'd share my experince i had with a very forward client today ( STILL IN SHOCK lol) :eek:this lady is not one of my regulars infact she hasn't had any treatments off me in the past but She does know me from the area i work in. she asked me if i could sell her some of my wax (as in a pot of wax) when i asked her why? she said because her friend had been promising to wax her legs for months and that she keeps running out of waxing equitment she thought i could sell her some which i dont as i use a clean and easy disposable waxing machine. I was thinking this was really cheeky for asking me this and wouldn't it of been cheaper for her to just have a bloody leg wax from me. hope you can all understand this. what your thoughts? how would you of handle this? baring in mind ive know her for quite a while from the area lisa x

Well I guess in one way if you don't ask you don't get ... and she didn't get! We often get people wanting us to sell nail products - the answer of course is NO! :smack:

Sorry but no.

The cheek of some people in the north east is unreal!!

Last week i had someone ring to see if i could order her some products from CND!!! She wasn't a client, don't even know her! She said that she had seen from my website that i use CND products and wondered if i could order her some L&P! I just said no straight away! I didn't even want to know if she was trained in nails or not! HOW RUDE??

x

lol, ive had clients asking to buy wax from me, and GET THIS...

I had a client once ask if she could WAX HER OWN UNDERARMS WITH MY STUFF, in my salon, on my time.

I actually laughed at her as i said a big fat no! lol.

lol, ive had clients asking to buy wax from me, and GET THIS...

I had a client once ask if she could WAX HER OWN UNDERARMS WITH MY STUFF, in my salon, on my time.

I actually laughed at her as i said a big fat no! lol.

omg I so cant believe this! I never knew clients would ask about borrowing stock, or getting you to order things! ? How very strange!

Ive had clients trying to barter the price with me aswell!!!
lol.

lol.

I get this all the time...

I like it when they say 'i dont have any change, will £20 do' i just say 'no ya ok, i ave change' CHEEKY OR WHAT??

lol.

I just wouldn't have the nerve. I bet they don't do there food shopping and then say to the cashier 'I'll give you £50 for cash'!!!!!!:eek:

The joys of working with the general public:lol:

I get this all the time...

I like it when they say 'i dont have any change, will £20 do' i just say 'no ya ok, i ave change' CHEEKY OR WHAT??

???? what so if you charge say £20 for a leg wax, they try to get it for 15? bloomin heck!! is this only mobiles it happens to, or salons too?

???? what so if you charge say £20 for a leg wax, they try to get it for 15? bloomin heck!! is this only mobiles it happens to, or salons too?

I charge £25 for a full set (only cos i cant charge anymore or i wouldn't get clients) and some will say 'i haven't got any change, will £20 do' i always make sure i have change on me!!

I never had it when i was working in a salon, but i get it quite a bit mobile. Its always the same clients as well!

no, i'm in a salon!!

I have to say, it is only ever asian clients that have done any of these things to me. I have been told by another asian client that its the way their mothers usually are, in asian shops they barter for everything!! This one in particular was telling me she went out with her mom to get her wedding stuff sorted, and she was totally embarrassed because her mom was hardcore bartering with all the shop keepers lol.

no, i'm in a salon!!

I have to say, it is only ever asian clients that have done any of these things to me. I have been told by another asian client that its the way their mothers usually are, in asian shops they barter for everything!! This one in particular was telling me she went out with her mom to get her wedding stuff sorted, and she was totally embarrassed because her mom was hardcore bartering with all the shop keepers lol.

I wouldnt know what to say if someone did that to me! I would probably give in and yes as I would like I had been put on the spot!!

I wouldnt know what to say if someone did that to me! I would probably give in and yes as I would like I had been put on the spot!!

tell them to take a running jump!! lol.
I will only ever give what i want and i know is reasonableand i wont really miss it.
for instance, i dont mind givin the odd free underarm wax when theyve had loads of other stuff done.
and one of my regulars spent all her bus fare, so i gave it back to her lol.
and solar oil pinkies, give them away to my nice clients hehe.
painting little girls nails while moms having an eye lash tint.

little things like that, that arent really any hardship to you, make clients more loyal to you. they remember you and how lovely you are! :green:

but the cheeky sods, dont usually get very far with me! lol.

I have had nail clients ask me if they bring in their own pre designed tips would i put them on for them,
i said yes
they said how much will it cost if I'm bringing my own tips
i said the same price
they didn't bother bringing them in lol
You will come across loads of clients that expect to be able to take liberty's, you soon get used to it and learn how to say no nicely :hug:

When I had my salon a client wanted products and she said I will give you £xxx for the 2 products about £10 less - she thought she was giving me a great deal - I said 'no way'

She didnt mean any harm - I laughed at her really. I would loved to have said ' how about I ask for a buy 1 get one half price in your shop' but I didnt want to be cheeky.

Last edited:
Iv had alot of clients asking me will i sell the the professional sizes of Dermalogica and i just said sorry i can only order a certain amount from dermalogica monthly or they will take the brand of me, feckin cheek. A client who i was bikini waxing farted on me last week i never died it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo stink!!!!!!! vomit

The cheek of some people in the north east is unreal!

*cough**cough* we arnt all like that - although i understand a few of us northeners can be cheeky and say "ow much" ect!

btw that was very rude - however when my freinds come over they all say paint my nails do my eyebrows ect ect (for free) an d im liek well let me get ready and also no you dont coem to me when im open so why bother now?? i no it isnt the same situations but its poeple been cheeky lol

as for us
north easties.....

i hope u dont tar us all with the same brush!! :)

Ahem...

Shall I just slag off every other culture and geographical area for good measure?

We talk about how cheeky OTHER people are - do you not all think you are a tad cheeky for slagging them off too??!

I dont see the point in using 'labels' - I have had every race, sex culture etc try to barter with me over the years! :rolleyes: Its life! Its the general public!

And on a lighter note !!!! :eek:

Ive never had a client ask me if they can buy profesional products but i did have one client who called in one day and said she had missed her bus and could she just wait in the salon untill the next one.

The stop was 2 mins away from the salon and the busses was every half hour.

Of course me been me said yes course Mrs ***** sit down and i'll make you a cup of tea.
Of i goes to make a cuppa and when i came back in to the reception she was there at my nail desk (it was an open room/reception) couch roll on top and she had her lunch set out :eek:

I was that gob smacked i couldnt speak, thank god her bus was soon to come lmao

Latest posts

Back