Chemical burn from perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairdressingBug

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Seriously confused. I had a perm in this afternoon a client who i do regularly but only permed her hair once before and did t have a problem.
This time i permed her hair exactly the same used all the correct ppe and cotton wool etc and she had a chemical burn on her forhead near her hairline. Im so confused and worried about it. I cant understand how its happened.
Any suggestions on what to do? I cleaned the area and applied barrier cream and told the lady that her skin had become urritated she said it didnt hurt at all and that she has very sensitive skin. But this shouldnt of happened.

Did u wet the cotton will before applying to the forehead ?

Definitely wet the cotton wool first x

I damped it down with water spray like ive always done xxx

I didnt do anything differently to how ive always permed. Veen perming 12 years and never had a problem beforem granted its not something i do everyday like colouring and cutting etc but still 100% competant. I dont use cheap perms either i used eella curl it x

Did you remove cotton wool after 5 mins after the dripping stopped and reapply fresh cotton wool. Also apply barrier cream before the perming lotion solution. It happened to me a few years back. So I'm very carefully now. Don't beat your self up, it can happen .xx

No i didnt to be honest i kept the same cotton wool as i initially applied. Its never happened to me before. I phoned the client the next day to make sure everything was ok and she said its fine its not red or sore at all and thanked me for my concern. She said she has developed very sensitive skin on her face recently and didnt realise just how sensitive it was till her perm. So i said well in future i will apply barrier cream before hand and keep a close check on her skin throughout the process which she was happy with.
Just hoping it never happens again. X

Latest posts

Back