chemical hair straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Can you help? Nails are my thing but i have a hair question.Ive had my hair chemicaly straightend,they did it on wet hair?I thought it was to be on dry.Two days on & after washing its still frizzy and curly as the same before in i had it done.Went bk they said it was straighter than before,use straightners.Is this correct? A very expensive hair do.:rolleyes:

Can you help? Nails are my thing but i have a hair question.Ive had my hair chemicaly straightend,they did it on wet hair?I thought it was to be on dry.Two days on & after washing its still frizzy and curly as the same before in i had it done.Went bk they said it was straighter than before,use straightners.Is this correct? A very expensive hair do.:rolleyes:

Hi,
Its difficult to assess without seeing your hair and it would also depend on if you have any colour on it or not , but it should be a lot straighter than before ,
what did they use?

I can only go by what I use which is ; Wella -strate and this is normally applied to dry hair,
but all products are different,
the stylist also can opt to use straighteners (depending how frizzy the hair is) within the actual Wella strate treatment just before the neutralizer,
I normally do this too , but it takes ages and is expensive because of the time involved , but well worth the effort,

I would say that if your hair is strong and does not have any colour on it you could ask them why cant they go back over it ? as you are not happy with the results,

If your hair does have colour on it they maybe reluctant to go over the process again for fear of ruining the condition ,
but you could always ask them to test piece it first with the straightening product that they used,

Usually with most chemical straighteners it is usual to have to just run the hot irons over it for a nice straight finish after your blow dry,

but really you shouldn't have to spend ages on it any more ,
thats the whole reason why you had it chemically straightened in the first place :eek:,

If you can give us some more information about what they used ,
and if your hair does have colour on it ect,
we may be able to help some more
I must admit though it does sound as though it should be straighter than what you say it is :hug:

We use L'oreal Extenso, it is used on wet hair, it does not completely straighten the hair, it softens the curl to make it more manageable. The client is still able to diffuse and scrunch if they want curl, but can blow dry and flat iron to achieve that board straight look that is popular.

Humidity, home care products and your hair condition also play a part. Even the most successful relaxing services can look fuzzy if not finished properly. Humidity is probably the most damaging, the moisture in the air softens some of the natural bonds in our hair, that are easily broken by heat and water. Curly hair wants to be curly-even though we may strongly dislike it- (I was sporting the fuzz look my self, got caught chasing the mail man in the rain-)

Chemical relaxing doesn't guarantee straight, smooth, sleek hair, it just helps make it easier to achieve.

With more info, we may be able to help more. Sorry-

Latest posts

Back