Chemical imbalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDs

Curly Hair Geek
Reaction score
Hi hair geeks..

Came across a query. I have three white haired clients..gorgeous white white natural hair. (Elderly women over the age of 70 )They all have started getting grey, darker hair, steely colored. Most of it is located on the sides around the temple to ear area. One client asked her doctor about it and he just gave a "chemical imbalance" explanation. Which to me is saying..he really didn't want to get into the discussion on it or he really didn't know.
I have done some research on the internet for causes but haven't came up with much.

Has anyone else seen this happen and know what the real cause of it is?
Is it a chemical or horomonal imbalance? And what chemical would cause it?

thanks for any leads you can give me as these ladies are starting to get stressed about their beautiful snowy white hair going "Grey".
Jayne

Hi hair geeks..

Came across a query. I have three white haired clients..gorgeous white white natural hair. (Elderly women over the age of 70 )They all have started getting grey, darker hair, steely colored. Most of it is located on the sides around the temple to ear area. One client asked her doctor about it and he just gave a "chemical imbalance" explanation. Which to me is saying..he really didn't want to get into the discussion on it or he really didn't know.
I have done some research on the internet for causes but haven't came up with much.

Has anyone else seen this happen and know what the real cause of it is?
Is it a chemical or horomonal imbalance? And what chemical would cause it?

thanks for any leads you can give me as these ladies are starting to get stressed about their beautiful snowy white hair going "Grey".
Jayne

Hi a hairdressing teacher told me that when people start to turn white its usually at the temples so they pull out the few white hairs which can distort the follicles making the hair grow back a different texture,
perhaps if they kept pulling out the few white temple hairs they may have left behind an unused supply of melanin in their follicles :eek:, :lol: lol

which is now being used up again, what do you think?

and every one else? could this be possible

minky

Latest posts

Back