Chemical pink eye after eyelash extensions - how to heal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbos

Reaction score
Hello all,

I got eyelash extensions yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning to a very bloodshot eye (lower half of right eye), not mush pain but eyeball feels a bit tender.

I have been getting eyelash extensions in the same salon now for 6 months and have never had any issues. Although, a different technician applied them yesterday. I did notice yesterday that she placed the under eye pad very close to my lower waterline yesterday and after the lashes were on I said to her that my eye was a tiny bit stingy. I have read in a previous thread this can cause the glue fumes to irritate the eye ball.

Question is, how can I resolve this. Is it dangerous, should I go to A&E or could it be resolved with eye drops?

I had this. See an optician to check it's not too scratched.
I was advised to get some drops from the pharmacist.
It took a few days to go.
I think mine was the same that the gel pad pushed onto my eye.

If you start getting severe pain in your eye, swelling around the eye or visual changes go to A&E, otherwise see your GP or pharmacist, but don't just leave it alone it may need to get checked out.

Hello all,

I got eyelash extensions yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning to a very bloodshot eye (lower half of right eye), not mush pain but eyeball feels a bit tender.

I have been getting eyelash extensions in the same salon now for 6 months and have never had any issues. Although, a different technician applied them yesterday. I did notice yesterday that she placed the under eye pad very close to my lower waterline yesterday and after the lashes were on I said to her that my eye was a tiny bit stingy. I have read in a previous thread this can cause the glue fumes to irritate the eye ball.

Question is, how can I resolve this. Is it dangerous, should I go to A&E or could it be resolved with eye drops?
Heya what did u do to ressolve this? Mine are exactly the same today :(

Latest posts

Back