Chemical Relaxing options

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnni

Reaction score
Hi
I am contemplating chemcially relaxing my hair and heard of L'Oreal X-Tenso & Wellastrate. Firstly which of these if any can achieve fully straight hair and not just a curl reducer. Also does anyone know of a salon in the West Midlands that does either service?

Hiya,

I have my hair chemically straightened. I have heard of X-tenso and Wellastrate, but was told by various hairdressers that they just make the hair easier to manage rather than getting rid of the curl. I have YUKO done on my hair and I love the results. My hair is very curly, but is now really straight - I can just leave to dry naturally and there isn't one curl that shows itself!

Yuko (the original japanese straightening system) is very expensive but well worth the money. I had a cheaper version done prior to this and nearly ruined my hair. One woman who did thermal straightening broke off some of my hair around the crown of my head - I am still in the process of growing this back!

My advice is whatever one you have done, go to a reputable salon and make the salon do a strand test first on the curliest part of your hair.

Good luck!

Hi
I am contemplating chemcially relaxing my hair and heard of L'Oreal X-Tenso & Wellastrate. Firstly which of these if any can achieve fully straight hair and not just a curl reducer. Also does anyone know of a salon in the West Midlands that does either service?

Hi
We use Wella Strate/Glatt by Scwarzkopf and I have found that they do produce almost straight results. You might still have a bit of movement but not curls and will only need straighteners to smooth, or alternatively blow drying with a brush

where are you based?
Lou

Hi
We use Wella Strate/Glatt by Scwarzkopf and I have found that they do produce almost straight results. You might still have a bit of movement but not curls and will only need straighteners to smooth, or alternatively blow drying with a brush

where are you based?
Lou

Hi

When you say they almost produce straight results how much curl or wave is there left if any?. At the moment my hair has a S-shaped wave.
I have read on the Wella website that within the process it is possible to use ceramic irons that will get hair dead straight before neutralizing.
The worry i have is when it is done via any technique the hair will look
un-natural or flat. With very long hair worn down i guess it will look ok if the hair is flat but as a guy my hair is about 4 inches long so would prefer some body to it to fit my style.
I am based in Coventry by the way.

Latest posts

Back