Chemically straightened perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcandyclub

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Hope you’re well? I have a client that wants a chemically straightened Perm but straight. I haven’t done one of these in years what would you recommend would be the best product to use to get it as straight as possible and keep it straight. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Hi everyone, Hope you’re well? I have a client that wants a chemically straightened Perm but straight. I haven’t done one of these in years what would you recommend would be the best product to use to get it as straight as possible and keep it straight. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.
There doesn't seem to be many products available in the UK. I struggled to find something a few years ago. I've used both wella straighten it and lisap ultimate straightening kit, with good results.
These days most products seem to be smoothing treatments rather than straighteners :/

Thank you for your help 👍

Hello,
The Wella straightening cream is good, however as Ronray says they are not very popular these days, with most people opting for Keratin smoothing treatments.

Hi ..read your post and some good advice in other replies..curve ball here, be it you know how to perm but not sure on the new ones available to straighten on the market..would it be possible to just do a loose big rollers perm to create a much softer after ..just a thought (assuming she has curly hair or wavy none the less it would soften it..
Years back when I trained it was known to use regular lotion with I think corn flour to thicken it and keep it flat ...neutralised in pretty much the same way ..sheet up with towels for this one as it's wet 😊

Hi ..read your post and some good advice in other replies..curve ball here, be it you know how to perm but not sure on the new ones available to straighten on the market..would it be possible to just do a loose big rollers perm to create a much softer affect
..just a thought (assuming she has curly hair or wavy none the less it would soften it..
Years back when I trained it was known to use regular lotion with I think corn flour to thicken it and keep it flat ...neutralised in pretty much the same way ..sheet up with towels for this one as it's wet 😊

Hello,
I remember doing this years ago. Perm lotion mixed with flour to form a paste, that flattening each section between your palms and laying flat and then rinsing and neutralising. It did work a treat!

Hello,
I remember doing this years ago. Perm lotion mixed with flour to form a paste, that flattening each section between your palms and laying flat and then rinsing and neutralising. It did work a treat!
Hello,
Hey Alan...your from a place two brothers in the game grew up in your area...

Steven and Terry Hammill ..do u know either of them ..I worked with them both

Hey Alan...your from a place two brothers in the game grew up in your area...

Steven and Terry Hammill ..do u know either of them ..I worked with them both
Hello,
No I don't know the names. I've not worked in hairdressing for over 20 years. I trained at college and then was mostly mobile before changing career. I still keep my hand in though. I think one of my female tutors was called Hamill

Hello,
No I don't know the names. I've not worked in hairdressing for over 20 years. I trained at college and then was mostly mobile before changing career. I still keep my hand in though. I think one of my female tutors was called Hamill
No worries

Defo not a female doing hair in the family
Cheers

Hello,
Oh I remember doing that too and your right it did work a treat with plenty of conditioner afterwards

It depends on the hair type as there are different types of relaxers (chemical straighteners for the hair) I.e afro hair, pink lustre, dark and lovely are a couple of the brands.

Latest posts

Back