Chemotherapy and eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstys beauty

We put the treat in your treatment.
Reaction score
Hi
Just after some advice I have a lady that has tarted to come to me for waxing. However she is now talking about eyelash extensions for her holiday but has just finished chemotherapy and her hair is just growing back, what are the proto calls with eyelashes extension and chemotherapy? Please someone help as I have never been asked before. I have tried the search option and nothing comes up.
Thank you in advance.
Kirsty

Totally fine. Even if she was still having chemotherapy and had cancer it wouldn't be a problem at all. And please don't let anyone tell you anything else. Especially if they start dribbling on about the age old 'check with your insurance company' because its just nonsense.
The only thing I could thing of problem wise is that when the new lashes start growing back they could somehow mess up fake lashes or the fake lashes could prevent the new ones pushing through correctly. But if they have already started growing through a bit then the above wouldn't be an issue either.

Hope that helps.

How's that medical degree of yours?

Totally fine. Even if she was still having chemotherapy and had cancer it wouldn't be a problem at all. And please don't let anyone tell you anything else. Especially if they start dribbling on about the age old 'check with your insurance company' because its just nonsense.
The only thing I could thing of problem wise is that when the new lashes start growing back they could somehow mess up fake lashes or the fake lashes could prevent the new ones pushing through correctly. But if they have already started growing through a bit then the above wouldn't be an issue either.

Hope that helps.
Incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional advice to give especially on a global forum which anyone can read.

Op - absolutely check with your insurance company before you consider this. If your client has lost a significant proportion of her lashes, and is only just starting to get regrowth, then those new lashes can be very vulnerable and I'm certain she wouldn't want to lose those precious new lashes. Why don't you offer full strip lashes instead. Far more suitable in this instance, and you can show her how to reapply them herself if needed.

I used to work with the Look Good Feel Better charity and lashes were a frequent cause for concern for women who have lost them. You would be surprised just how good it feels when their new lashes start growing again and quite honestly it would be cruel to jeopardise them in any way. We always advised strip lashes only during this delicate regrowth period.

ETA: you must also ensure you do a patch test for the glue. Certain chemotherapy drugs can make the skin very sensitive.

As an aside, Revitalash (or a similar serum) may be a helpful thing to suggest to your client? It was originally developed as a treatment for chemotherapy-induced lash loss.

Incredibly irresponsible and unprofessional advice to give especially on a global forum which anyone can read.

Op - absolutely check with your insurance company before you consider this. If your client has lost a significant proportion of her lashes, and is only just starting to get regrowth, then those new lashes can be very vulnerable and I'm certain she wouldn't want to lose those precious new lashes. Why don't you offer full strip lashes instead. Far more suitable in this instance, and you can show her how to reapply them herself if needed.

I used to work with the Look Good Feel Better charity and lashes were a frequent cause for concern for women who have lost them. You would be surprised just how good it feels when their new lashes start growing again and quite honestly it would be cruel to jeopardise them in any way. We always advised strip lashes only during this delicate regrowth period.

ETA: you must also ensure you do a patch test for the glue. Certain chemotherapy drugs can make the skin very sensitive.

Thank you very much for you help. The thing I was worried about was the fact I did not want to jeopardise her lashes that had started to grow back through so may suggest strip lashes to her.
Kirsty

Latest posts

Back