Cherry Chopsticks etc...........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

min11

Reaction score
Isn't it funny how you can just completely misshear something. Even now when I hear that Kate Perry song I hear chopstick :lol: I was baffled for weeks as to what one of these was although as my post in the Minx topic says, given what MrMin had said I assumed it must be quite, well, rude :lol:

Anyone remember Lilac Wine? Elkie Brooks covered it in the 70's. I was in my late teens before I discovered she had sung Lilac Wine and not Isle of Wight. My only excuse is I was only about 5 when I heard it but as I got older I thought this Isle of Wight place must have struck a chord with her for her to sing about it. Of course I didn't know at the time it had been a cover.

Although I cant remember the song my ex said once during a conversation along the same lines as this topic that as a child he heard a song on a musical that had a lyric 'I love you terrifically too' and until not long before he told us he had always thought the singer sang 'I love you terrippittydoo'.

Rihanna has a track out just now where I thought she was singing about a chicken in rehab, it was only when I had stunned mrMin into silence commenting about this stupid record that was doing my head in that he looked at me with something close to pity (and a bit of fear) and enlightened me that she said she was 'checkin in rehab'!!

Anyone else done it?

There was a song by Hot Chocolate - Melting Pot where they sang 'If our backs should ever be against the wall'.........I really thought it was 'If we should ever have to pee against the wall'

I really don't know why:green:

This made me LOL my mum is the worst for it. She hears a song and then sings (loudly) what she thinks she heard. And we all roll about laughing ........ we don't correct her though :D

Chloe our daughter loved singing along to a dance track

*I always feel like...some bodys washing me!!* instead of *somebodies watching me!!*

and at school my friend sang out loudly to inxs *Soot beside the fire*

instead of suidcide blonde!!!

:lol::lol:

This has now reminded me of my mums friend who generally gets everything wrong, my mum rang me up this week howling with laughter at what maureen has done this time

They had lost each other in Marks and Spencer for a bit, finally my mum found Maureen in the underwear department, speaking to a rather mortified looking assistant

*Im wondering if you sell VASECTOMY BRAS* :lol:

My brother used to pay me to listen to songs he loved again and again and write the words for him!!

I remember The Police song 'So Lonely' and everyone at school used to sing Sue Lawley... also Sister Sledge 'We are Family... I got all my sisters with me'... there's a line in that which sounds like... 'you give me love in a Femi-dom' :eek: but I can't remember what the real words actually are - could be family bond??!!

My brother used to pay me to listen to songs he loved again and again and write the words for him!!

I remember The Police song 'So Lonely' and everyone at school used to sing Sue Lawley... also Sister Sledge 'We are Family... I got all my sisters with me'... there's a line in that which sounds like... 'you give me love in a Femi-dom' :eek: but I can't remember what the real words actually are - could be family bond??!!

:lol::lol: And you wondered about Cherry Chopstick?

What does she sing then ?
cos i have to admit i thought she sang cherry chopsticks and wondered what the hell she was going on about :o

someone please educate me (its christmas) :hug:

cherry chApstick!

i thought it was chopstick too, as did my sister....oops!

:)

OMG you guys!!!! Cherry Chapstick!! Lol, its concidered full make up for alot of my friends!!!:lol:

I have to admit, we (daughter and I) originally thought it was chopstick, until I turned up the volume in the car and we listened carefully lol

I thought it was chopstick until my cousin corrected me at a wedding when I was singing along to it! LOL! I am always making my own words up though, it's more fun that way. Great thread! Merry Christmas everyone! I'm just off to work for the last time before I can finally have a week off! Hoorah!

I thought the Adele "chasing penguins" song was quite strange untill I found out it was "chasing pavements"!!!!!!
LOL

As an FYI - chapstick is the USA version of lip-blam or lip-salve as we call it here. I knew it immediately cause I used to collect them when I was little in America - coca-cola flavoured, cherry, 7up etc... I thought they were so cool!!! :!::rolleyes:

As an FYI - chapstick is the USA version of lip-blam or lip-salve as we call it here. I knew it immediately cause I used to collect them when I was little in America - coca-cola flavoured, cherry, 7up etc... I thought they were so cool!!! :!::rolleyes:

I dont think I ever called it lip balm until I came to this forum and I saw some one refer to Solar balm as a good lip balm. Even at school we called them chapsticks. I just didn't hear her sing chapstick, even now to me it still sounds like chopstick when I listen but at least I dont have wierd images of what in hell a cherry chopstick could be in the context of her lyrics :lol::lol:

cherry chApstick!

i thought it was chopstick too, as did my sister....oops!

Cheers Alan
it makes so much more sense now
and i am so happy to see that there are loads of us who thought the same :lol:

We have an animated singing moose that is on ski's and sings a song ending with 'merry christmoose' and in the song it mentions 'pies and candy' but it SO sounds like it says 'Poison Candy'

One of my older sisters used to sing to the theme tune of Boon, the song went along the lines of "High ho silver, you got me lone ranger" but she would sing "high ho silver, you got me on raindrops" lol

ijust rememebred there,

my friends 3 year old daughter wasscreaming "battery!!!!" really loudly over and over gain and when my friend asked her what she was doing she said "mum! im being amy winehouse!"

clearly valarie and battery sound more similiar than you'd think!

Showing my age now, but I remember a few years back & Billy Ocean was singing about "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". Only though it sounded more like "when you go & get stuffed"

Ooh & also years ago, Take That singing "back for good" sounded like "wash your back, wash your back for good"

Latest posts

Back