Chessington World of Adventures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_louise92

Reaction score
Ok so I know this is really random but nobody I know has been to Chessington world of adventures and what I'm wanting to know is ...

Can you do it all in a day or is it better to do it over two days? I imagine its very big place as its gpt a zoo and the theme park.
Me and by PH have next week off and are wanting to go mid week so 1, it's quieter and 2 children will still be at school.
Because we live in York and its a long way away we was thinking of staying over down there for the night, so isit possible to get it all done in a day or are you better of buying a two day ticket?

And if so he any of you stayed in the actual hotel by the theme park? I know it's more aimed for children lol but we are big kids so don't mind :L

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

Xxx

We'be been to chessington quite a few times and I would say its easily done in a day the zoo isn't that big and especially if you are going midweek it shouldn't be too busy. We have never been and needed more than a dayto fit everything in.

I would say though, its mainly aimed at younger children from probably 3 to 14 there are only a few bigger rollercoasters etc.
Hth x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

We'be been to chessington quite a few times and I would say its easily done in a day the zoo isn't that big and especially if you are going midweek it shouldn't be too busy. We have never been and needed more than a dayto fit everything in.

I would say though, its mainly aimed at younger children from probably 3 to 14 there are only a few bigger rollercoasters etc.
Hth x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Thank you for replying :)
Yeah I was wondering are the rides more aimed at children as if thy are that wouldn't e much good. The other option was Thorpe Park, very undecided lol

Thank u xx

Yeah if you want big rollercoasters and thrill rides then i would definitely do thorpe park, most of the rides at chessington are aimed more at children/families in my opinion anyway.

I think they are doing 2 for 1vouchers for all the theme parks aswell!

You can do it in a day and don't bother booking with their hotel;would be too expensive; have a look at surrounding area for a hotel. Kingston upon thanes is good to stay in as it has a great shopping centre and only a bus ride fr chessington.

Thorpe park is more for adult rides I would say; there is less walking to do from ride to ride; chessington would involve more walking and there are less adult rides, but I've always liked that they have a zoo etc.

Chessington is open in April; I'm not sure about Thorpe park x

Yeah if you want big rollercoasters and thrill rides then i would definitely do thorpe park, most of the rides at chessington are aimed more at children/families in my opinion anyway.

I think they are doing 2 for 1vouchers for all the theme parks aswell!

Thanks GemGem :)

Yeah we don't have children so its just is two and we both like big rides. I think we will give Chessington a miss and look at Thorpe Park instead. I know they have some new rides out this year as well wether their open yet il have a look as my sure.

Thanks for you help :)

Definitely go to Thorpe Park it's brilliant :) Chessington is for children x

You can do it in a day and don't bother booking with their hotel;would be too expensive; have a look at surrounding area for a hotel. Kingston upon thanes is good to stay in as it has a great shopping centre and only a bus ride fr chessington.

Thorpe park is more for adult rides I would say; there is less walking to do from ride to ride; chessington would involve more walking and there are less adult rides, but I've always liked that they have a zoo etc.

Chessington is open in April; I'm not sure about Thorpe park x

Yeah think I'm def going to do Thorpe Park as was on website and rides look pretty impressive only thing is I live near York so I'm pretty sure it's going to be around 6 hours drive lol

Xxx

I hope you have fun whichever one you decide on :oD x

Last edited:
I hope you have whichever one you decide on :oD x

Thank you :)

We're going to Thorpe park, and going g to stay at the Beaumont Estate in Berkshire :)
Looks very nice on website so fingers crossed its as good lol

Xx

Frosties (the cereal) have two for one vouchers on the side of them btw!
I think it may be all kelloggs but im not sure x

Frosties (the cereal) have two for one vouchers on the side of them btw!
I think it may be all kelloggs but im not sure x

Oooo thanks il check them out at the supermarket. Will save some money :) I know usually they do them on like Fanta bottles but not seen any yet it's usually in the summer so Probably why. But I know they do offers most of the year on various things so will check that's out thanks

Xx

Latest posts

Back