Chest X-ray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxcetera

Reaction score
I've been ill with my chest for a while, feels like I'm in a permanent bear hug, have done since I apparently broke a rib nearly a year ago. The pain now radiates as far as my hips to shoulder blades :(
Saw gp mon, had blood tests yesterday n in for chest X-ray today. I'm trying to stay calm but I'm mentally 'putting my affairs in order' already.
Can anyone tell me what happens during the X-ray? If they see something ominous, will they tell me or do you have to wait for results to go to your go?
Got my big girl panties on n trying my hardest not to freak out :)

Sorry to hear you're not feeling that great.

A chest x-ray takes just a few minutes with you standing upright against the machine, but the radiographers are not able to read the findings instantly, so they don't give results there and then. These take just a few days to go back to your GP or consultant usually though, so you'll not have to wait too long.

Thanks, didn't realise u could stand up, gp could feel the break in my rib so didn't bother with an X-ray before, ive got visions of them seeing something n trying not to let it show on their faces ;)

Try not to worry or let your imagination tell you all sorts of things.

I'm sure they'll remind you, but you'll need to remove anything metal such as jewellery.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'm trying :)

I was in and out in 10 mins! Now it's just a waiting game :)

Latest posts

Back