Chewing gum hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellbelle

Reaction score
ive been getting my hair bleached for years now, when wet its like chewing gum and brakes when brushed :cry: are there any products out there to help me ive heard theres a spray put i cant remember what its called

ive stopped bleaching my hair!!

thanks

kel

u can try instacure or my personal faveourites are fudge one shot reconstructuring leave in spray and tigi chocolate head. . after shampooing apply the chocolate head and leave the towel dried hair for 5 miniutes, rinse and then condition. . once hair has been conditioned and towel dried spray in a reconstrucant spray ie the fudge one i advise and use a wide tooth comb the detangle, when hair is wet it is at its stretchiest so try not to pull to much, some times bleached hair is that bad u cud probably cut it with a spoon haha much luck wished for ur hair. . x oh tigi headshot shampoo and conditioner wud go delightfully with my already mentioned recomendatiuons. . x

Matrix biolage ultrahydrating sham and con they also do a pack of treatments. My stylist had hair like this and within a few uses of this her hair felt like hair!! its magic in a bottle lol

clynol repair spray . id say you need products with protein stay away from moisturerising products -they will soften your hair even more

i use and was recommened the joico k-pac range i have bleached hair the k-pac range is specifically targeted at damaged hair it is protein and amino acid based ...its brilliant. i use the shampoo, conditioner and treatment. if you google it you may find a salon that offers k-pac treatment for you to have before you buy the products

Goldwell kerasilk for extremely dry damaged and chemicaly treated hair. Its gold with a red lid. It workes wery well but to tell the truth the best way to get rid of chewing gum hair is to cut the damaged hair out. If this is not an option get regular cuts/trims hope this helps xxx

Goldwell kerasilk for extremely dry damaged and chemicaly treated hair. Its gold with a red lid. It workes wery well but to tell the truth the best way to get rid of chewing gum hair is to cut the damaged hair out. If this is not an option get regular cuts/trims hope this helps xxx

i have to agree...cut the damaged hair and start again

Goldwell kerasilk works like a treat !!!!!! smells good too !

cat spray by redken replaces the protein lost x

ive been getting my hair bleached for years now, when wet its like chewing gum and brakes when brushed :cry: are there any products out there to help me ive heard theres a spray put i cant remember what its called

ive stopped bleaching my hair!!

thanks

kel

Firstly - i would not stop bleaching your hair, as that isnt the problem...the best stuff is Redken Extreme. (comes in a blue bottle) It will put the protein back in your hair, also comes with a leave-in conditioner called Anti-Snap, which is also full of protein to strengthen your hair. I swear by this stuff, 2 girls at my work bleach their hair like every 4 weeks & they use this stuff, they have the softest hair! :)

i agree that too much bleaching or exposing your hair to bleach for a long period of time or even years will definitely cause damage to your hair. especially if you lack hair nourishment and total care. i suggest that you ask some advice from an expert cause using hair products without consultation might cause another damage to your hair. :eek:

MASK INTENSE by Kerastase

Sorry, old thread I know but I didnt want to start a new one for the same problem as OP.

My client has bleached hair and it is really damaged, when wet and starting to dry it feels like chewing gum and snaps. She uses Tigi Dumb Blonde shampoo & conditioner. She has also tried the spray leave in conditioners and Tigi Ego Boost but it makes her hair worse as it was sticky. She loves the Tigi shampoo and conditioners although the Dumb Blonde conditioner is a bit 'waxy' so I have recommended an alternative 'Tigi - oatmeal & honey' which is also for damaged hair so should do the same and full of vitamins too.

Now we are looking for a good leave in conditioner. Is there anything that will actually stop the chewing gum feel when the hair is starting to dry?

I do recommend the Wella sp repair range including the repair mask and shampoo with the 3.2 treatment. I use them on my hair and it is the same bleached. It works wonders!

I do recommend the Wella sp repair range including the repair mask and shampoo with the 3.2 treatment. I use them on my hair and it is the same bleached. It works wonders!

My fave repair products too, I love them! x

Thank you. I have already mentioned the SP repair mask to her, I am going to pick one up from the wholesalers. Hopefully it will help. I dont think Wella have one that you leave in(?) I use the wella lifetex range but have not found a leave in conditioner. All the directions say to wash out after 5 minutes. x

fudge one shot is the absolute dogs b********cks
my hair was a mess and it sorted it out lovely xxxxxxx

Redken extreme shampoo, conditioner and antisnap. Redken chemistry system in salon treatment once a week for 6 weeks. Amazing stuff

Thank you. I've wrote them all down, and all the products the previous posters recommended to the OP. Now I'm not sure which to try first :) x

Superdrug's GOSH do a repair serum which sorted out my brittle chewing gum hair brilliantly, simply apply while your hair is drying.

It's around £6 and comes in a black and purple bottle.

Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back