children and bed wetting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww bless, how sweet :hug:

The only thing I can suggest is to wake her up for a wee. I basically did that with my little girl. she went to bed at 7pm then I woke her at 11pm for wee and tbh I did that for a while and then she would be in a kinda routine then she ended up waking herself up at that time to get up and go herself. I still use pampers bed mats just incase but fingers crossed she has been dry at night for a good while now and she is 5. But every child is different and yes I would use the pyjama pants until she is dry. she will get there in the end.

Had this problem with my son till he was about 8.
We tried the ' waking him up to wee ' plan and, after a few struggles to get him to the loo, we decided that it was easier to bring his old potty to the bed. He knelt up and did the wee quickly without getting cold or properly awake. After a few weeks of this, he could (sleepily) tell us if he needed to use the potty or not and, if not, he was generally dry in the morning.
My daughter was dry day & night by 3.
No two are the same...........

Wow glad its not just my little girl! My eldest has been dry all night from 2! My youngest in 5 and still wears nappies. She has the odd dry night but mostly not and I got so fed up changing her and her bed at night I gave up!

Luckily shes dry in the day!

I thought it was just her and getting pressure off everyone to have her dry! The Docs wont do anything until shes 7 neither!

I do believe your entitled to a grant if your child is a bed wetter once a year to pay for a new mattress/bedding.

Thanks for posting this, I am expecting a new baby in a fortnight and I have been upset that I will have two in nappies when I should have just one!

Its nice to know my kids not abnormal lol!

hi hunnie forgot about this thread till you have bumped it up

the update on my daughter is she keeps getting water infections so we now have a appointment at hospital and she is going to have a scan to make sure everything is ok and if they do not find anything and she has another water infection then it could be another trip back to hospital for futher tests as dr said it could be kidneys or urine reflux

ill keep ya informed and she is still in the the night nicks by the way

As soon as my daughter started wearing the night time nappies she stopped wetting - we had them for about a month or so to make sure and that was that!!

As everyone seems to be saying their little brain kicks in at some point and lets them know to go for a wee, so dont worry too much.

:)

Latest posts

Back