Children and solaroil???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa2810

Reaction score
hi all,

This may or may not sound like a silly question but i need to make sure this is safe. I have a little boy who is almost 3. The skin surrounding all his nails is sore and peeling and he's forever telling me that they're sore. I know solaroil can work wonders on this and was wondering if it was safe to use it on a toddler? My fear would be if he licked it? Anyone know? And if its not safe any one know of anything i can use that is?

Thanks

Lisa xxx

solar oil is great and perfectly harmless for kids, my boys have used it scince they were little. give him his own little pinkie bottle its small enough not to spill, and he will feel special to have his own little bottle.

Yep I use it on my 4 year old and 3 year old, with no probs at all! xxx

hi all,

This may or may not sound like a silly question but i need to make sure this is safe. I have a little boy who is almost 3. The skin surrounding all his nails is sore and peeling and he's forever telling me that they're sore. I know solaroil can work wonders on this and was wondering if it was safe to use it on a toddler? My fear would be if he licked it? Anyone know? And if its not safe any one know of anything i can use that is?

Thanks

Lisa xxx
I think he would have to lick an awful lot of it (drink bottles) to make himself sick. I have put it on my 4 yr old as it makes her feel grown up and included if I am painting her sisters nails.

I think your only major concern would be nut allergies. I admit I am not 100% certain on this, but as long as your son does not have an allery to nuts, then it should be fine.

Thanks everyone for your quick response. My son doesn't have any nut allergies, and as far as i am led to believe (told during training) you'd have to have a REALLY BAD nut allergy to react to solaroil (please correct me if i'm wrong there as i don't wanna go and kill any clients:green:!) I will start helping him to apply it every day and hopefully a few days from now he'll feel a difference. I know i used to have the same problem (nail biter :smack:) and it was pretty sore so i'm glad he can get the benefits of this FAB product. I love it!

Oh and has anyone came across clients who can not use solar oil? and if so how common is it?

cheers

Lisa xxx

I personally have never heard of anyone not being able to use Solar Oil, even my niece.....who ends up with lips like Mick Jagger after just a whiff of peanut butter, uses it every day..........or so she says!!!:)

I too was told during my training that it would have to be a very severe allergy, it would be interesting to hear if anyone has had problems.

I use it on my little girl...she loves it!
She fell over a few weeks ago and badly crazed her knees, it scarred a bit so i applied solar oil a few times a day and now its completely healed

xx

I knew it was great for skin but i'd never thought of using it on skint knees etc. I'll need to keep that in mind. Although i'll go through thousands of it. My boy is a typical boy! Always in the dirt, always falling over, falling off things he's climbed. Just last week i pulled a half inch splinter of wood out his arm:eek:. i was almost sick. ewwwwwww

Latest posts

Back