Children in a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiana123

Reaction score
Hi i have my own small salon i run from home where my treatment room is the same as my waiting room,
I have had alot of people ask if they can bring their children with them to their treatment and i have always turned them away as im not sure what would be the correct thing to do?
Can anyone give me any advise on allowing children to wait in the room whilst the client is having acrylic nails? Or any other treatment thanks

It's such a hard one, sometimes it's ok if the parent can still supervise them but if they're too young then it's not really workable. Not much help sorry, I used to say it's ok if I knew the client and the age of their children.

It's a toughie but imagine something happened to the child ( usually their own fault ) or the parent just allowing the child to do all sorts on your property - not all parents parent how you would , I would personally say no as you have been unless the child is say 10 upwards and able to sit their quietly - if it was a eyebrow wax or a quicker shorter treatment I might allow it but I wouldn't for a long stint they just get bored and aggravated as does the parent hth X

Yes this is my worry that the child may hurt themselfs or the parent may not keep an eye on the child, i thibk thats a great idea of if its a shorter treatment then allow it , thanks

And you know the finger will be pointed at you not their precious little one ... , that's how I have done it in the past - I once had a client years ago who had a facial at my old work every month , she insisted on bringing her child with her one time , she had cover for the child but said oh she'll be fine , I didn't want to make anything more of it so i did the facial with the child sat in the corner - needless to say the child no longer came to the salon [emoji119][emoji119]

I work from home too and my standard reply is that I'm only insured to have the client on the premises and nobody else.

I suppose i can allow over a certain age and then if it does become an issue during the treatment i can mention it to the client, thanks for all your hep

The other thing is if they're young enough they are usually confined to a stroller, I've worked in a salon where kids were allowed but if they were under 3 (I think) their parents were asked they be confined to a stroller, another salon I used to go to had a little pen in the corner with toys

There was a good long thread on here recently about exactly this - have you tried searching the forum? X

No i havent but i will definately have a look thanks

Hi i have my own small salon i run from home where my treatment room is the same as my waiting room,
I have had alot of people ask if they can bring their children with them to their treatment and i have always turned them away as im not sure what would be the correct thing to do?
Can anyone give me any advise on allowing children to wait in the room whilst the client is having acrylic nails? Or any other treatment thanks

My terms and conditions on my website state no children due to health and safety. If a parent is having a treatment they cannot look after their child effectively.

We no longer allow children. Even when I worked from home I had to say no. Some parents have no control over their children and will let them touch and run around. You will be trying to work and trying to keep an eye on them. You can't do both!

Latest posts

Back