Children on holiday without hats!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maguire

Reaction score
I have just got back from a 3 week vacation to Gran Canaria, and I was shocked at the amount of children,babies and toddlers that did not have a hat on in the blazing sun, everyday the sun and heat was never below 26 degrees, even with a good sun lotion I still feel small children should wear a hat, I don't know if you feel the same.

Hope you all had a good xmas and new year

Definately!! my children always wear something on their heads, their much more prone to heat exhaustion/heat stroke too! Some parents are obviously very stupid & careless!!
hope you had good hols though, lucky thing!

My husband has had to restrain me from saying something whenever i see this sort of thing in my view...:lol:

On a serious note,you would think common sense would prevail:|

i am with you all on this

hope your holiday was fun

This drives me crazy, I'm forever saying to my other half (in the summer) "I can't believe that kid hasn't got a hat on!", but what drives me even more mad is when you see kids whilst on holiday and they are as brown as their parents! :eek:
My girls are both given hats to wear at playtime in the summer and they get a nice layer of sun cream applied before school.
It's the same in the winter though - admittedly you haven't got the worries of the sun so it's not be as bad but even still- you see these little kids (i saw a little girl today about 3 pushing her pram round town for example) without a hat, gloves or a scarf! Her little hands and ears must've been freezing.
My girls are always wrapped up in the winter but i think that comes from my mum, we could barely move for the layers we were made to wear! Bit like the marshmallow man.

This sort of thing astounds me, about 2 years ago we went to Spain and on the plane on the way over my daughter got chatting to a couple of kids and they had a baby sister. We seen them a couple of times while in the resort and one of them looked like a beetroot one of the times we seen them.

However at the airport on the way home, we met them again, and the two girls that my daughter had been chatting to had blisters all the way up their arms and shoulders, you know the ones full of water, I could not believe my eyes :eek: The baby, thank god looked fine.

Crikey!! Those poor kids! They must've been in agony. I mean to burn to the point where you get blisters is bad. It makes you wonder how often their sun cream was being applied if at all, though you'd like to think people aren't that silly. My hubby done that once (he's very pale skinned) and he was so sore (if there was such a thing as a lizard man, he would've been it :lol:) he soon learnt his lesson.
Some people haven't got any sense whatsoever :irked:

Crikey!! Those poor kids! They must've been in agony. I mean to burn to the point where you get blisters is bad. It makes you wonder how often their sun cream was being applied if at all, though you'd like to think people aren't that silly. My hubby done that once (he's very pale skinned) and he was so sore (if there was such a thing as a lizard man, he would've been it :lol:) he soon learnt his lesson.
Some people haven't got any sense whatsoever :irked:

Yes I know, my hubby had to pick my jaw up from the floor and I so felt for those kids. My son is very fair skinned and has to be so careful in the sun, since he was a baby the minute the sun was out, the hat was on along with the sunscreen he might object now though he is 17!:lol:

The hat thing I totally agree with. My girls have theirs on all the time.

With regards to going brown, myself and hubby tan very well and go very dark and so do our girls, even though they have factor 40 on all the time. They have never burnt, they are just good tanners. I think there is a difference if a child is brown and burnt to a child that tans well and safely.

I would hate to think people would look at us on holiday as unresponsible parents just because we tan well.

When my two were young I used to take a pair of beach pajamas. They would first get sunscreen on (as material can still let the sun's rays through) and then the pjs and a hat. I use to try and get ones that didn't look too pj-ish, maybe like chinese ones, etc. They just wore these on the beach, in and out thewater, at the side of the pool, etc and they were safe.
Marion x

The hat thing I totally agree with. My girls have theirs on all the time.

With regards to going brown, myself and hubby tan very well and go very dark and so do our girls, even though they have factor 40 on all the time. They have never burnt, they are just good tanners. I think there is a difference if a child is brown and burnt to a child that tans well and safely.

I would hate to think people would look at us on holiday as unresponsible parents just because we tan well.

I know what you mean hun, I look at the sun and I am brown and my daughter is the same as is hubby, it's just my poor son who is fair skinned yet we all use the same sun lotion. Just different skin types.

Oh yeah there is a big difference, I probably should've explained myself a bit better when I said brown, I did mean burnt brown (didn't mean to offend if I did :smack:)

Latest posts

Back