childrens nail art parties? do you do them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do little princess parties, £5 per head they get any colour of nail varish and any rhinestones they want, I got some really cheap nail gems from poundland but they are actually really nice not cheap looking either!

I did a few kids parties a while ago as favours for friends, I supplied goodie bags, and then they had one colour enamel, stickers and one rhinestones per hand. I charged £7.50 per head, and they were happy to pay this.

I got all my stickers from ebay, a seller in Japan, think they were 99p and £3.99 P&P and Ive got thousands! The rhinestones were also from ebay, 99p again. And all the goody bags were girly hair things from a pound shop so dead cheap!

All the girls were so chuffed that I have kept 3 regular little lady manicures from it! lol!! Little girls love to have their nails painted!

I also did some handpainted nail art, tiger stripes over orange nail enamel, dot flowers etc.

Now that I have started up in business 'properly' I am waiting to have some bookings as I have had a few enquiries about princess parties! xxx

I charge £75 for a party of up to 6 girls
Parties last for 2 hours
This is very cheep compared to majicians, ball pools etc and they are paying for tuition if you play it right.
I do not do goodie bags as they are not appretiated,they cost alot not to mention your time to run around buying all this stuff. Plus if they contain different items they all argue over who has what. Plus if they chocked on the sweets you could get sued!!! No thankyou!!! Much the same as providing nibbles at the party - you are not insured as it comes into catering insurance.
It is a good idea to have a board of simple designs to choose from but....please hide any other nail art boards you have, as you can guarentee one will find it and pick one with 20 stones per nail or a design which normally takes 1 hour 2 complete!
It all sounds doom and gloom but you have to cover your back. I have done many parties and thoroughly enjoy them but now i know the score.
By hand painting them a few simple designs and showing them how easy they are to reproduce you are teaching them a skill that they can take away and use at home...such as a flower with a dotting tool, two tones of polish with stripes, french versions etc.
Hope this helps x x x

Really good thread x
I too have been wondering wether or not to do kids parties,
Im not really a "kid" person lol, but i can be if i have to be :lol:
Im going to have my own daughters party this week so I'll take it as a practise session, and if it go's well I'll go for it .
xxx

I have had loads of fun bargain hunting for girlie bits and bobs to go in the party boxes

Great thread with lots of good advice, guess it's down to personal choice..

I used to be mobile, but now have a salon & have been asked to do a kids party...

Explained no longer mobile so don't do them (or really want to do them..been there done that, didn't enjoy!:eek:) but child's Mum is one of my best friends & just said, 'Well, think about it.."

I have..and I don't wanna do it..but how to get it across without losing a friend?! :irked:

I have just done one this evening 8x 13yr olds
£12.50 per child.
Each girl had their finger and toe nails painted one colour, flicks, decals,stickers or rhinestones applied to ring fingers and big toes
party bags containing nail files, make-up, roll on glitter, shoe lace charms, sweets, tattoos and nail stickers,
you don't really need to entertain them, they are more than happy watching each other while getting their nails done,
and you will find that the majority will copy the first girls choice,
tonight most girls had all nails painted pink and sparkly with pink play boy bunny decals.
Sorry i don't have pics, don't feel comfortable taking photos of children even though it is only their hands or feet, we cant be too careful these days.

I have just done one this evening 8x 13yr olds
£12.50 per child.
Each girl had their finger and toe nails painted one colour, flicks, decals,stickers or rhinestones applied to ring fingers and big toes
party bags containing nail files, make-up, roll on glitter, shoe lace charms, sweets, tattoos and nail stickers,
you don't really need to entertain them, they are more than happy watching each other while getting their nails done,
and you will find that the majority will copy the first girls choice,
tonight most girls had all nails painted pink and sparkly with pink play boy bunny decals.
Sorry i don't have pics, don't feel comfortable taking photos of children even though it is only their hands or feet, we cant be too careful these days.
Hello, you sound like you have done a few! This would be my ideal job just would worry that i would get sued or something! , what precautions do you have to take as in safety etc, do you have a consent form for parent to sign , how do you cover your back should something go wrong?:)

Make up a letter with your details on,
along the lines of Mrs x has requested that i attend her child's birthday party and apply nail polish and nail art to each child attending the party, could i please ask that you as the parent put your child's name on the bottom of this letter with your signature at the side so i know i have your permission to perform the treatment on your child on the evening,
give this to the person booking the party with you and explain that you have to have a signature for each child or you wont be able to paint the child's nails as you wont be insured and would hate to disappoint a child
then as you do each child, ask them their name and put a tick at the side so you can keep a count of how many you have done
some people will try to sneak an extra child in lol
i always take two plastic sheets with me, one for the floor and one for the table then if any polish gets knocked over it is on the plastic and not the carpet,you can get these from super markets in the same area as party bags,
i have a full enhanced disclosure form (criminal record checks) from when i used to do foster caring so if any one ever asked if i have proof that i was safe to work with children i would show them this, no one has ever asked and i have only ever done one party where all adults left the room so most times there is a parent there any way,
i don't put sweets in party bags for children younger than 12 for choking reasons, hth

Cheers , that is a great help!

Your welcome hun :hug:

What a great thread,my friend has just asked me to her little girls party and to have a think about it. Some great ideas would love to see some pics if anyone would email me them please?

Thanks zena x

Hi Zena,

Thought i would let you know that our lecturer from college (nail art (W)) used to do childrens parties particularly during winter when rock shop was closed, it may be worth asking her for some ideas, unless she as already done so when I was not there.

Sas
:Love:​

Latest posts

Back