Children's Nail Art Parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hi to all geeks,

I've just now booked my 1st children's party. When the lady asked me for a price, I quoted £50 for 2 hours without even thinking, and the lady seemed very happy with that. But now I am thinking whether I charged too much or little.
I would appreciate some opinions on this matter, and also if anyone's done these parties before, can you tell me what kind of things do you do?
I told the lady I'd do nail art and make-up for the girls, and spray glitter in their hair. The age group is 10-11, so I am wondering if that'll be enough for them.
She's also asked me to supply party bags at £3 each. Where can I get mini polishes and files from to put in the bags.
I want to do my best at this party, as I am sure it will generate more business for me (god knows I need it)LoL.

I would really really love to hear your opinions.

Thanks
Aylin

I've been doing some research on this as I think it is gonna be something I would offer.
My thoughts are as follows:
You will need to charge by the number rather a set fee as that way you can gauge the time / profit you'll make. I was going to charge £5 per child. This would include letting themm choose the colour of polish they want plus basic nail art (striper pens etc) + up to 3 gems. If they want more they have to pay.
Make sure that if you book a party you have some form of leaflet that can go into the party invite explaining what is included - that way you can mention extra's costing !!!
If they want party bags, agree to do them for the party but ask them what they want in them. ie: sweets, nail varnish, hair clips, make up. I think it would be easier for the host to provide the bags and for me to add little extra's.
Makesure you are not going to be left looking after 20 squeeling girls (or boys !!!) on your own !! Either rope in a friend or make sure the host has organised other forms of entertainment while they wait their turn. You can't be expected to do a good job on their nails and be babysitter exraordinaire !!!
Apart from that - ENJOY
Let me know how u get on.
xxx

Hi there,

My sister has a hairdressers and has started doing childrens parties a few months ago. She roped me in to do the nails. She charges £8.50 per child (with a minimum of 6 kids), included in this is a party bag for each guest and an extra special one for the birthday girl. For this each child gets their hair braided and coloured with wash out hair colours, temporary tattoos, glitter hairspray and body spray, mini manicure and nail art and toes painted.

The first one we did, we allocated 1½ hours for 6 children:eek: . I was totally worn out by the end of it! We only just managed to do all 6, as it took time for nail varnish to dry before painting designs over the top/adding top coat etc. Also, depending on their age, it can be difficult for them to make up their minds on what colour they wanted!! Now we've had a bit of practice, we've nearly perfected the timing. Instead of asking them how they want their nails doing, I have three of four nail tips with the designs already painted on for them to choose from, which cuts down on the indecision problems!:biggrin:

We got the party bag contents off ebay, there are loads of good items you could use on there. They usually get a nail varnish, hair slides, some nail stickers and chocolate. We also got the temporary tattoos off ebay, which are easy to apply and cheap. All the little girls we have had seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience and loved the party bags, we have done parties for ages 5 to 6 and for 9 - 10. Its nice to see their pleased and smiling faces when they leave:)

Hope this helps!!

can i also ask what about consultation forms do these get filled in or what do you do?

lynda

We did a booking form which the person booking the party takes away and fills in. It lists the name of each child attending along with any allergies they have such as ezcema. The person booking the party has to sign the form to say they have checked with the parents of each child attending that they are happy for their child to take part and that they are responsible for this.Instead of using my proffessional nail tech products for manicure, i just use baby lotion for massage etc, as we thought this would be more suitable for childrens delicate skin. My sister also checked with her business insurance that she was covered for childrens parties and the health and safety issues (as she has stocks of perming solution and peroxide etc on the premises).

I don't know if you have done this already, but type the subject into the search machine. We have had loads of dicussions about this subject and Ladies nights aswell.

You will find a lot of information on there which should really help you. Print it all out and circle the most helpful parts. That's what I did.

Victoria x

What do you type in to find this info? I couldn't immediately find anything too useful!

Click on Search above. Then type in Nail Art Parties.

You will get two pages of subjects previously discussed including Childrens Parties, Ladies Pamper nights etc. Each one has new ideas etc by technicians.

Hope this helps.

Victoria x

Hiya,

Thank you all for your ideas and sharing them with me. Soon as I sort things out, I'll post some pictures, so you can see what I've done with some of the suggestions, and also it might help some1 else who might get into children's parties.

Thanks again
Aylin

I just wondered and following on from Julieanne- would you need the organiser of the party to get all the parents to sign a consent form before? I don't know if this is required but without sounding like a kill joy - but you will need a record card for the kids as this is a legal requirement when you come into contact with another persons body...suppose the best thing to do is to call your insurance company who will clarifiy whats required under your policy...with the gift bags why not try Claires assescories they sell loads of goodies for girls and a cheap prices...good luck and let us all know how you get on as I think it's a fab idea...maybe you could put a voucher in the bag for a mother daughert pamper day??

:rolleyes: I have been invited along to a girls party on saturday to perform my nail art tactics, there will also be a hairdresser there and a friend of mine applying makeup (She works for body shop). We are all three doing this as a re-run as I personally have a party booked at the end of May. I will get back to all interested and let you know how it goes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed.

Carol
Cottage Nails.

Good luck Carol,

Let us know how you get on.

Aylin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back