childrens nail party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
hi, I have just had a friend call to ask if I would do her friend a nail birthday party for her daughter. I informed her I had never done one before and would have no idea what to do or service to offer. the children are aged 5 to 8 years old there are 8 children. was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on what to do with these children for 3 hours. I am a qualified nail tech but never had much work come in on children. once again 3 hours entertaining 8 children!!!!!!! what on earth do you do with them for 3 hours. I would love to try a childrens nail party. also nail art would have to be quick and simple as well, any suggestions would be great. and quick tips on drying nails as they take ages on adults I hate to think what a childs nail will look like after 5 mins leaving the table. please, please help!!!!!!!! I would not want to bore the children and get moans from the parents. for not entertaining the little ones.( I have been informed there is to be no mess with polishes etc for the kids to play with.) :irked:

hi sharon

i have done quite a few kids parties, have a look on my website, there are pics and information that might help and if you have any other questions just shout xx

hi sharon
i did my first little girls pamper party yesterday and it went really well, i did file and polish and nail art or gems on the girls and the birthday girl i put on a body gem and give her a pressy, the girls loved at and were really good,
im also going to offer party bags aswell so been looking around to see what i can put in them,
let us know how you get on

Hi all thanks for the replies I have been thinking about this all day and have decided to do file, shape, polish, nail art using stickers ie winnie pooh, flowers, animals and got load more stickers, lots of different bright coloured polish, glitter, rhinestones etc. I also thought a small bottle of polish, nail file, playboy soap, stickers for the free bags and a nice gift for the birthday girl + card.(£10.00 per child) I thought for the older children they could polish my trainer hand using my polishes and afew bits nail art, and the smaller ones could felt pen a picture of a hand (or whatever I can find to do with nail art) and do a design on it. the lady phoned me up today and said is that all I had to offer for £10.00 each child and there is not much for them to keep them amused for 3 hours. I did not know what to say as I was only asked last night and had never even thought of doing it, she rang me first thing this morning. what other activities do you do? I dont see how I am supposed to keep children amused as well as painting nails I do not do make up or hair which did not go down to well. but my friend said she told her that I only did nails. she also wanted me to sort out the invitations and write what I am going to be doing on the invites. is it my responsibility to do the invites. I thought the lady would do that. It seems to me as though I am the party organiser, entertainer and everything else she asked if I had any kids music for the background. I have no idea what I am suppose to do as I am going to be doing it for nothing if I am to provide invites, free gifts, birthday girl gift and card, as well as travelling there all for £10. a child. it has also gone up now to 10 to 12 children. what would you do? :!::!::!:

hi keeleydee great website love the pics and the music thank you. :)

My daughter's 8, she loves a manicure, but you right... they dont exactly enjoy sitting waiting for their nails to dry do they! best invest in some sort of miracle quick dry top coat lol!!!

ha ha I know what you mean my sister has a 5 year old and she never sits still more than 10 mins. I think I might have to reconsider children's parties. 3 hours work for £80 and buying goodie bags etc making invites does not seem worth it.

Hi all thanks for the replies I have been thinking about this all day and have decided to do file, shape, polish, nail art using stickers ie winnie pooh, flowers, animals and got load more stickers, lots of different bright coloured polish, glitter, rhinestones etc. I also thought a small bottle of polish, nail file, playboy soap, stickers for the free bags and a nice gift for the birthday girl + card.(£10.00 per child) I thought for the older children they could polish my trainer hand using my polishes and afew bits nail art, and the smaller ones could felt pen a picture of a hand (or whatever I can find to do with nail art) and do a design on it. the lady phoned me up today and said is that all I had to offer for £10.00 each child and there is not much for them to keep them amused for 3 hours. I did not know what to say as I was only asked last night and had never even thought of doing it, she rang me first thing this morning. what other activities do you do? I dont see how I am supposed to keep children amused as well as painting nails I do not do make up or hair which did not go down to well. but my friend said she told her that I only did nails. she also wanted me to sort out the invitations and write what I am going to be doing on the invites. is it my responsibility to do the invites. I thought the lady would do that. It seems to me as though I am the party organiser, entertainer and everything else she asked if I had any kids music for the background. I have no idea what I am suppose to do as I am going to be doing it for nothing if I am to provide invites, free gifts, birthday girl gift and card, as well as travelling there all for £10. a child. it has also gone up now to 10 to 12 children. what would you do? :!::!::!:
To be honest i can see that you are going off the idea of doing this party and i don't blame you, you are right the mum is expecting far too much,
when i get enquires for these parties i always tell the parent that i will be in a corner of the room doing one child's nails at a time and it is up to the hosts parents to entertain the other children while i am doing this, i usually find that most of the children want to stand around you and watch you work, this is fine you can educate them how to look after their nails while you have the captive audience,
i have had a few that sound like your lady and i had to be what i would consider fairly rude, when they have got stroppy with me saying don't you do food and music and entertainment etc i turn round and say " well if i was doing your nails would you be happy for me to break off every 2 Min's to be serving food changing music and entertaining others"
my service is a pampering experience not a party planing service

I give them tips to playa nd decorate, i thent ake each child individually and decorate their nails, then i get them to paint each other toes and give them some cheap gemstones to decorate them with.

HTH

thank you loubylou for that reply I did think the lady was asking to much but im glad you get what I want to do. go in a corner and do my job, I think it would be nice to educate the children if they are round the table, asking questions etc I do not mind that at all, you expect that but to expect me to entertain the rest of the children whilst doing nails as well is just silly. I will be on my own working on the children's nails, so not able to look after the other children as well. I shall have to be rude when she rings me as she rolled of what she expects me to do and it took me by suprise this morning, thankfully I did not agree to anything. I need to write down what I am prepared to do then tell her what service I provide.(you can tell Im new to this ha ha). she even assumed I worked on a sunday and would stay the whole 3 hours to help even if I had finished the nails. ha ha public dont you just love some of em!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did one with my daughter once. She did face painting whilst I did the nails and I also did temp tattoos and we had those (cheap) coloured hair extensions that just attach with a spring-thingy.
It took us a full two hours to do 25 kids - although some of the boys didn't want their nails done. (Some did - in football colours !!! )
Exhausting work and about half of them smudged their nails waiting for themn to dry. GRRR

thank you loubylou for that reply I did think the lady was asking to much but im glad you get what I want to do. go in a corner and do my job, I think it would be nice to educate the children if they are round the table, asking questions etc I do not mind that at all, you expect that but to expect me to entertain the rest of the children whilst doing nails as well is just silly. I will be on my own working on the children's nails, so not able to look after the other children as well. I shall have to be rude when she rings me as she rolled of what she expects me to do and it took me by suprise this morning, thankfully I did not agree to anything. I need to write down what I am prepared to do then tell her what service I provide.(you can tell Im new to this ha ha). she even assumed I worked on a sunday and would stay the whole 3 hours to help even if I had finished the nails. ha ha public dont you just love some of em!!!!!!!!!!!!
You sound like you will be fine hun,
get yourself all organised on paper ready for when she rings and be confident and professional with her,
you are a therapist not a party planner or baby sitter,
you are going to do the children's nails and she as the host of the party is responsible for the care and entertainment for the children hth

pretty girly nail art...especially rhinestones..always goes down well with little girls!!

thank you all for replying great feed back. Im ready for when she rings me back sometime today. :)

To dry thier nails fast I would wait one min. after aplying polish, then use drip dry from opi. One drop on each nail. wait 5 mins and you can run your fingers over it. take a timer with you and set it for 10 mins. make them wait longer than the 5 mins. so they are good and dry. They can watch the timer while they wait. If they have something that tells them how long to wait they do better.

Hi Sharon, can you PM me your email address and i will send some designs that I have done that might be helpful.

To dry thier nails fast I would wait one min. after aplying polish, then use drip dry from opi. One drop on each nail. wait 5 mins and you can run your fingers over it. take a timer with you and set it for 10 mins. make them wait longer than the 5 mins. so they are good and dry. They can watch the timer while they wait. If they have something that tells them how long to wait they do better.

Good thinking. I'll try this next time. :hug:

Hi,

To dry their nails I would invest in a small nail dryer. My daughter is 4 and she loves to dry her nails this way. Keeps her sitting still for longer without touching them.

Hi

Don't worry about entertaining the kids - I do these parties all the time. I do the girls' nails one person at a time and leave the rest drawing/colouring nails on paper. Once they've completed their paper design, they get to paint a tip with a range of cheaper polishes i have specially for them to use. I also leave a pass the parcel gift for the hostess to use, while I am clearing my kit away.

There is aprize for the best nail tip design - the kids get to keep the tips, I keep the pictures so that i can see what sort of things they like on their nails!

Have fun!

Latest posts

Back