Children's nails, what system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diva dana

Reaction score
hey geeks I've got a client who wants her daughters nails doing tomorrow she is 11 ! not sure what to do? ?? any ideas? I do shellac IBD and acrylic but do not agree with stronger systems for children!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Personally the only thing I would do on a child of that age is normal polish, glitter and or stickers, that's with parent signing a consent form.

I would not do any enhancements or shellac/gel polish

what does your insurance cover you for?

I would recommend just normal polish and some nail art xx

Any system that requires professional removal is not something I would put on an under 16 unless in exceptional circumstances. The problem comes when the child picks off (or breaks off) the coating and you get the blame for damaging their little nails.

My fav system for under 16s in Minx. Amazing, fashionable nail art instantly with no drying time and it can be removed safely at home. Perfect.

But regardless of what you go for, make sure you have the consent form signed by the parent or guardian.

thanks guys minx it is!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I offer nail art and kiddy rockstar, glitter on varnish with topcoat.

Any system that requires professional removal is not something I would put on an under 16 unless in exceptional circumstances. The problem comes when the child picks off (or breaks off) the coating and you get the blame for damaging their little nails.

My fav system for under 16s in Minx. Amazing, fashionable nail art instantly with no drying time and it can be removed safely at home. Perfect.

But regardless of what you go for, make sure you have the consent form signed by the parent or guardian.

I think using Minx is a good idea! However I don't think I would do any child of that age unless is it plain nail polish.

I've just had an inquiry from a mum who wants her 13 year old to have some gels done, in the voicemail she said she's a nail biter and very conscious of her hands and nails.

I've never done any kind of enhancement service on anyone under 16, and not sure how to address this.
I will be calling my insurance company first before I decide to do anything.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back