childrens parties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soz

Reaction score
Hi guys

When doing childrens' parties do you prep their nails, ie mini manicure, cuticle tidy etc or do you just squeak them and apply polish/nail art?

x

hi ya

i asked a few people this question i would just squeak them i personally wouldnt do there cuticles . hth

thanks Emma, yes that helps - wasn't happy about fiddling about with those tiddly little cuticles on fidgety fingers!!

Soz said:
Hi guys

When doing childrens' parties do you prep their nails, ie mini manicure, cuticle tidy etc or do you just squeak them and apply polish/nail art?

x
I dont touch cuticle area for kiddies. All i do is a quick shape of the free edge then paint with enamel and nail art of their choice. Hope this helps.

I have done lots parties for the little ones, I tend to do minimal prep and concetrate on the polishing/nail arty side of things as children can't sit still for long so use anything which dries fast!!

I do parties for kids and i dont touch their cuticles or free edge....they pick a colour and design and off i go...lol

When I do kiddies parties, i just tidy the free edge and squeak them. I usually airbrush as the kids are fascinated with it, it dries quickly and your not retouching their nails constantly throughout the party. A 2 colour blend and the odd rhinestone etc goes down a storm and is quick to do, so the others don't get completely fed up in the meantime.

i have thought about doing kiddies parties but was never sure wether to dabble in it or not. If i was doing them, i would just squeak the nail and polish with a simple design. My daughter is nearly 4 yrs old and always loves me to do her nails. She is very good as i'm able to put a coat of polish on, a quick 2 stripes of another colour, then i top coat. She understands that if she lets me do all that they will last. I don't think all kids would sit for long though. LOL

Hi!

i'm hopping to do kiddies parties at some point,can not wait to start.i thought i'ed do some nail art to! but need to do some desides that are for kiddies.

will let you all now how i get on with the desides!

I want to do childrens parties too but i dont want to be the sole entertainer! :eek: I have visions of 7 bored children and 1 getting their nails done! what do you do to keep them amused, or is there normally something else going on too, ie dancing etc? ive tried searching for answers but cant find anything about this specifically.

If you entertain them yourself do you do different things for different ages? if so what? cant imagine 14 yr olds colouring in etc....lol

Aspirations said:
I want to do childrens parties too but i dont want to be the sole entertainer! :eek: I have visions of 7 bored children and 1 getting their nails done! what do you do to keep them amused, or is there normally something else going on too, ie dancing etc? ive tried searching for answers but cant find anything about this specifically.

If you entertain them yourself do you do different things for different ages? if so what? cant imagine 14 yr olds colouring in etc....lol
Hi, I haven't done many parties yet but for the slightly younger girls (ie less than 14) you can either have a karaoke machine or a dance mat as amusement. For older girls you can get them to do mini manicures on each other, with some advice from you and then do their nail art. If the mum hosting the party is willing you could have another pair of hands to do hair or some sparkly make up maybe?

I've done a couple of children's parties, but I am not a great expert on the subject. I don't touch their cuticles at all. I just clean their nails, quick file on the free edge, polish all the nails and do quick designs on some of the nails. At the 1st party I nail arted all the nails and it took me 3 hours for the whole party including the make-up. My daughter's 5th birthday is in a couple of weeks time, and I am doing her a party. I am going to do about 5 designs for them to choose from, otherwise I'll be there all day. For the girl's with nothing to do while I am working on one of them, I am going to supply doylies (excuse the spelling), some glitter glue and some craft material so they can get on with that until it's their turn. For older girls you could get some nail art tips, give them polishes and stripers and let them do their own designs. I'll also be putting on some music for all the little divas to dance to. Hopefully they won't get too bored. But it'll be a great chance for me to put my cards in all the party bags.

Aylinx

Latest posts

Back