Chin wax nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaV

Reaction score
Hi,

Just popping over from nails. Had a nightmare tonight and need help! Friend came for upper lip wax and bought her mum for upper lip and chin wax. She was so hairy, like a man. Thick coarse hairs on her chin that would not come out with the wax, I had to virtually pluck every one... Poor woman! Plus she had a massive coldsore which I decided to steer clear of as not come across one before!

Any tips anyone?

Had she been shaving before as that can make it a nightmare! What about IPL or epilation if its that bad. X

Are you using strip wax or hot wax?

Hot wax usually works best for hair like this, it shrink wraps around the hair making it easier to remove.

If you were using hot wax and where still having problems, I would pull the hot wax off in short sharp pulls at a 90 degree angle to the skin , make sure your really support the skin though. I have a client with PCOS and this works a treat on very stubborn hair like you've described. (can't take the credit for this technique either as it belongs to Kim Lawless :) )

I know it's too late now in but in future a cold sore is a contraindication to facial waxing.
X

Latest posts

Back