Chin waxing tips please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
There seem to have been alot of waxing threads lately and I've got another one for you!:green:

I have a client booked in for a chin and neck wax next week.

Now when I was at college the only facial waxing we were shown (and practiced) was brow and lip.

So does anyone have any advice to share to get the best result, and is it possible to actually wax the neck?

She said that she gets lots of dark growth from the bottom lip all the way down to the front of her neck too. So what would be the best way to keep the skin taught there?

There seem to have been alot of waxing threads lately and I've got another one for you!:green:

Now when I was at college the only facial waxing we were shown (and practiced) was brow and lip.

So does anyone have any advice to share to get the best result, and is it possible to actually wax the neck?

She said that she gets lots of dark growth from the bottom lip all the way down to the front of her neck too. So what would be the best way to keep the skin taught there?

Chin and neck hairs can be mighty strong deep little buggers especially if they have been plucking and shaving.Do a consultation and I would do a patch test to check what you are going to get out with the wax. If you are getting lots left behind ,and you cannot keep going over, she needs to be aware of this.
Hot wax or film wax would probably be better if very strong.Whichever you use strip,film or hot it needs to be put on in very small patches.Have their head back and if they have loose skin you will need to really support the skin when putting on and taking off.
They may also get quite spotty initially and a while after as it is a bit of a prone area if the hairs are strong .They can use a gentle exfoliation a few days after to avoid ingrowing hairs and spots.

I was told at college that it was best to avoid the neck as the skin is very delicate and can bruise very easily, especially if its very slack, no matter how you try to stretch it. Electrolysis may be the best solution for your client. Although most of our clients at college were over the age of about 90!

You must do a very thorough consultation.

The chin is ok, same rules apply as to other areas, unless the skin is very slack.

Good luck.

Hey Debbie im surprised to lear that you didnt learn chin waxing....!

I try and grt the client to hold thier head far back if the skin is quite slack...and as Gillian said it can be hard if the hair is coarse....but if you are using a proffessional hard wax there should be no problems really...and dont forget the oil trick before:)

I was told at college that it was best to avoid the neck as the skin is very delicate and can bruise very easily, especially if its very slack, no matter how you try to stretch it. Electrolysis may be the best solution for your client. Although most of our clients at college were over the age of about 90!

You must do a very thorough consultation.

The chin is ok, same rules apply as to other areas, unless the skin is very slack.

Good luck.

Tbh I've never had a problem waxing the neck area, it's no different than doing the face. You just have to make absolutely sure you prep the skin properly and stretch the skin properly.

Ive never had any problems waxing necks before,just get your client to tilt her head back as much as possible and push the tip of her chin up and forward.Support and stretch the skin at the base of the neck if need be.

Thanks for your help guys.:hug:

So I assume that if all is well after the consultation and I go ahead, it will be best done in just small areas at a time? Would I start at the top of the chin and work my way down the neck or is there another way?

I start on the neck and work my way up.

Stretch stretch stretch and stretch again as well as oil and you will be fine xxxxxxx

Speaking as a client...
I am asked to tilt my head back, therefore tightening the skin on the underside of my chin and neck, it makes the skin taut and the waxing doesn't hurt at all.

Speaking as a client...
I am asked to tilt my head back, therefore tightening the skin on the underside of my chin and neck, it makes the skin taut and the waxing doesn't hurt at all.
Exactly,you have a good therapist there Sandi!....just think looooong slender necks like swans...LOL:lol:

Exactly,you have a good therapist there Sandi!....just think looooong slender necks like swans...LOL:lol:
with man hairs????????? lol

that's what I call them... my man hairs :eek:

Latest posts

Back