Chinese hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mm29

Reaction score
hi guys, after some help!

i have a Chinese client base 3-0 with some golden h/lites. I have not coloured her hair before.

anyway she is after some red hi/lites and to flood the rest i use igora and want some advice on another brand. i have previously used maji contrast but many moons ago and do not have a shade chart so unsure on tones and depths, and fade

a heads up on maji contrast would be appreciated

or if you can recommend another brand happy to hear..

much appreciated

some one must have a heads up on best brand for dark hair

I've not had any experience in colouring chinese hair but I do know that it is very strong and resistant :)

Hi I can help, but I don't really understand your description of colour you want to achieve?

Use Joico vero ultra red! I personally love this! Better than magi contrast xx

soz wasnt very clear in question,

want to lift hair to a deep red, does maji contrast fade very quickly and orangy

If she has golden hi/li already it's abit tricky to say if there is loads I would use 6% if you need to lift the 3/0 I'd say 9% I used to use wella but now I use matrix, I do a Japanese ladies hair 5rr+ matrix 6% and hers looks fab, but I also do a phillipines girl who changes blonde red everything and I tend to do 9% on hers , I hope this helps, it's hard to say without seeing her hair x

cheers i know iv just want to try something different,

not loads of bleach more random h/l so will avoid these and lift virgin hair. then flood.

cheers i know iv just want to try something different,

not loads of bleach more random h/l so will avoid these and lift virgin hair. then flood.

Why dont you try wella magma /44, it bleaches and tones all in one and is designed for dark hair, like afro and chinese types. Wella Professionals - Magma

Yes the magma is good for dark hair!! But make sure she uses the right aftercare asit can fade after a while leaving behind the bleach undertones :)

Yes the magma is good for dark hair!! But make sure she uses the right aftercare asit can fade after a while leaving behind the bleach undertones :)

Totally agree! Redken colour range S/C are really good products, also the Wella SP :D

Wella magma is great but pretty harsh you would be better using sr-r in matrix they are designed to lift through dark and coloured hair to, you can even mix this is with normal colours as a booster it's not quite as harsh as magma x

A salon I was at 7 years back had a Chinese client having red, we used matrix red lights, she had the top up colour of it on after to keep it up every 6 weeks so good staying power and will work on Asian hair xoxo

she wanted it more subtle, so went for 5-89 9% on natural and 5-89 3% foils on any pre lightened. 3-0 vibrance in between. turned out lovely but maybe a tad brighter next time.

she wanted it more subtle, so went for 5-89 9% on natural and 5-89 3% foils on any pre lightened. 3-0 vibrance in between. turned out lovely but maybe a tad brighter next time.

Just thought you may be interested to hear that Schwarzkopf Professional are introducing the new Igora Royal Fashion Lights in a few months. It looks very similar to majicontrast and I think it will be replacing Igora Fashion +
I can't wait to try it out myself. Click on the following link to see the details on their website.

Schwarzkopf Professional: IGORA Fashion Lights Home

:):)

smashing!! wonder why no L99?? looking good tho.

Thanks on the heads up

smashing!! wonder why no L99?? looking good tho.

Thanks on the heads up

Oh yeah. Never noticed there was no L-99
I don't think majicontrast has a violet shade either, only the magenta red which should be similar to L-89 :irked:

i am favouring the violets more these days, no orangy fades when clients use rank shampoo..

Latest posts

Back