Chinese hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted advice on lifting Chinese hair, she's base 3/0 as you can imagine and wanting to go for 7/07 in wella. She's adamant she doesn't want ginger. Has anyone had an experience lifting very dark straight hair? I'm wanting to lift with bleach and 6% and mabe tone with 7/1 in colour touch to cancel warmer tones and keep it natural or 77/07 can anyone advise please as want to get it right and not have it overly warm. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you know if she’s tried going a lot lighter previously and if so, how well it lifted?
Asian hair has more densely packed cuticle scales so you might need to use 30vol plus bleach to lift it to a 7/8 before toning. If possible, do some strand tests first so you can check out developer strength & timings.
You might also need to re-apply a fresh bleach mix after 40 minutes.

I’d probably book a longer slot for the service, so that you aren’t trying to rush it.

I don’t think you’d need a double base for toning as you’re not toning a high percentage of grey hair.

Thank you so much for the reply I will give it a go, I guess 30 vol will give me extra lightening for ressistant hair.

Thank you so much for the reply I will give it a go, I guess 30 vol will give me extra lightening for ressistant hair.
Make sure yiu take thin sections when applying the bleach too. Do you have a second pair of hands to help with application? Start with the mid lengths and ends. Depending on what bleach you're using, sometimes mixing it 1parts bleach to 1.5parts developer will give you better lift.

Last edited:
Try using magma /89+ on a strand test vs bleach.

Latest posts

Back