Chipping colour on gel tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebird86

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep coloured gel tips from chipping. I use Brisa gel (sometimes overlay over natural nail or sculpted) and it never fails, if I use Shellac over top or a Brisa coloured gel (black) the colour always chips. I usually have stiletto shape and it’s just the ends that chip. The nail itself is fine but the colour chips and drives me crazy. I do cap the free edge with colour and top coat. Any advice is appreciated ☺️

I've completely even missed the news that cnd do color gels lol :p and I follow their social media. I can't find it got sale with any of the distributors available to me either. Do you know what they are called? I'd be interested in looking them up, since a large reason I moved away from CND was their rather sparse selection of gels, both in terms of color, viscosity and covers....
I just tried searching on my distributors website as well as Sweet Squared but can't find any.
Sorry I can't help with your question though. X :)

I wish they had colours! I meant black

I've completely even missed the news that cnd do color gels lol :p and I follow their social media. I can't find it got sale with any of the distributors available to me either. Do you know what they are called? I'd be interested in looking them up, since a large reason I moved away from CND was their rather sparse selection of gels, both in terms of color, viscosity and covers....
I just tried searching on my distributors website as well as Sweet Squared but can't find any.

Are you buffing them smooth before applying the colour?

Yes I do buff them before colour.

Young Nails has done advice about this on their YouTube channel. They advice not to buff it you smooth, that the gel polish needs a rough surface to adhere to, even on top of an enhancement. You could try finishing with a rougher grit (150/180 or so) and see how you get on? Other than that, it might be that the color didn't cure properly in the lamp. If it's just one customer, it could also be something they did. :)

Latest posts

Back