Chiropractor, how do you feel about them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biljana

Reaction score
I ask because all I ever hear are lawsuits when something goes wrong from a chiro visit. I have always been afraid to go and see one because of it. I think years of tension in my shoulders have caused my spine to compress and I have had upper back shoulder pain for a while. I broke down yesterday because I couldn't move my head at all. So I booked in for that same afternoon. He sent me for xrays first and showed me the compression and what he would do for me. I think it comes down to trust :)
He put me at ease, 20 minutes of working on my back and a few "loud snaps" I am a new woman! No joke! It kept getting progressively better through the day and I am refreshed and ready to tackle a 12 hour work day today without pain for once

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to see one when I worked in a spa and did hours of massage daily. Worked wonders for me! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've seen a chiropractor on and off for my back and I think of it helps you then go for it, with me I was in agony with my kneck and head and it really helps. I still go for top up appointments every so often x

My chiropractor changed my life!!

I had a slipped disc (S1/L4/L5) whereby the back of my right leg & right heel went numb and I walked with a limp!!

I saw my chiropractor 3 times a week (she got me an MRI to confirm the diagnosis) then once a month, now it's every 3 months.

She has got the mobility back in my right leg and I can now wear heels again, yay!!

I do hear "popping" and crunching when I go, but so worth it, lol!

xx

Unfortunately my experience wasn't so good. I happened to chose a complete crackpot who told me that my back pain was due to being abused as a child.

I was never abused as a child! Or since! He called himself 'holistic' and said he was treating my inner soul.

I swiftly demanded a refund for the course of sessions or I would take it further. Thankfully he paid up.

The Chiropractic profession in the UK is pretty tightly regulated nowadays, because there used to be a lot of charlatans around. (not sure where Mobile Manicure's "chiropractor" popped up from, sounds very dubious!). A quick Google tells me Canada seems similar.

I do get the impression that in the USA chiropractors aren't so well respected, but I'm not entirely sure what the differences between country legislations are.

Anyway - chiropractors have helped most of my family over the years and I thoroughly recommend them.

A friend of mine who's a chiropractor has had some amazing results helping babies which have had birth trauma - they are a like new babies when she's worked on them.

Recently I've been putting myself into the hands of a fab Sports Masseuse, because it's a bit chicken and egg for me (and most of us I think over 40) - bad posture causes muscle stress causes spinal misalignment.

Mine was an Australian working in Hong Kong. Being a fellow Aussie I trusted him. Now makes me wonder why he was working in Hong Kong. He'd probably been barred from his home country. Mind you, this was 16 years ago now.

They seem to work for my Mum although so do regular sports massages, different things work for different people x

I had a brilliant experience, couldn't recommend the one I had highly enough!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using SalonGeek mobile app

I see mine once a week before I do a heavy lifting work out. I've been seeing one since I was a child from sports injuries and as an adult from all this crazy work and work out. I was a hot mess from my previous profession.

Some will try to sell you on seeing them excessively. I see mine regularly b/c I like it and feel a little out of sorts when I don't.

I have booked a follow up for this Monday as I do feel I need more "tweaking". Now that I am not scared anymore lol
If one visit made me mobile again, imagine what a few more can do?!
I will stick to it but I can't see myself going excessively as my benefits cover only so much per year and I do need my massage therapy as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back