Chlorine protection when swimming?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm at my wits' end here, so I hope you can help!

Every fortnight, my daughter goes to her dad's for the weekend and he takes her swimming -which is good that he's spending time, taking her to do fun things, etc. However, he doesn't wash her hair. I drop her off on Friday afternoon and when I pick her up on Sunday evening, her hair still hasn't been washed. In fact, it most cases it hasn't even been brushed (even ponytails come back still in her hair, only having been 'tightened'!). That's two whole days with chlorine in her hair :eek: Then obviously, when I come to brush it, it's a tad.... matted!

I've tried asking him to wash her hair for the sake of his daughter but he doesn't take the blindest bit of notice - it was the same when she was tiny. I'd ask him not to put sudocreme on her when changing but the mother would say do it, and he would which would cause all sorts of lovely rashing. He won't even wet it before she gets in the damn pool.

So, my question - short of sending her with sodden hair every time, is there any kind of product that I could put on to protect it a bit?

She has (had!) lovely long hair but it's getting dry and I really don't want to cut it all off just cos he's an idiot :smack:

Thanks in advance!

Hi I'm not a hair geek, but I am a mum who has a daughter who used to swim a lot. We used to get the hair protection lotion that is recommended for when you go on holiday to the med. My hair dresser used to get it in for me. I can not for the life of me remember what it's called, but hopefully one of the hair geeks will be along soon and be able to tell you what it is or suggest something better.
There is a lot I would like to say about any parent who doesn't even brush their childs hair, but I'm sure you have thought it all, so I will refrain from comment and just give you a :hug: for putting up with it.
Good luck!

Hi I'm not a hair geek, but I am a mum who has a daughter who used to swim a lot. We used to get the hair protection lotion that is recommended for when you go on holiday to the med. My hair dresser used to get it in for me. I can not for the life of me remember what it's called, but hopefully one of the hair geeks will be along soon and be able to tell you what it is or suggest something better.
There is a lot I would like to say about any parent who doesn't even brush their childs hair, but I'm sure you have thought it all, so I will refrain from comment and just give you a :hug: for putting up with it.
Good luck!
Thank you very much, I'll have a look out for something like that :)

Unfortunately, that's not the half of it - she's come back with YELLOW :eek: teeth before, but no amount of 'please let her brush her teeth, please wash her hair..' gets through! Thank you :hug:

Latest posts

Back