Chocolate brown... varieties

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi All,
As cooler weather is approaching I hope haha! id love to hear your favourite chocolates. Im primarily a wella user: kp, ct etc and igora also have experience with L'Oréal majirels.
I've noticed the trend of the espresso hair colour rising and had a few requests for darker neutral chocolates. Have a client on Monday level 5 or maybe 4.5 virgin hair. Hints of gold. I'd say she's cool neutral toned skin. She's asked for a chocolate brown rich but no red... Was wondering what you think.
My go tos are usually colour touch/KP /7 or /77 on lighter bases that have had highlights etc. I've been eyes igora royal chocolates and thinking a 4-63 roots and mids and maybe 2/3 6/63 and 1/3 4/63 for ends.

Sorry for banging on love to hear suggestions and inspo!

Hi All,
As cooler weather is approaching I hope haha! id love to hear your favourite chocolates. Im primarily a wella user: kp, ct etc and igora also have experience with L'Oréal majirels.
I've noticed the trend of the espresso hair colour rising and had a few requests for darker neutral chocolates. Have a client on Monday level 5 or maybe 4.5 virgin hair. Hints of gold. I'd say she's cool neutral toned skin. She's asked for a chocolate brown rich but no red... Was wondering what you think.
My go tos are usually colour touch/KP /7 or /77 on lighter bases that have had highlights etc. I've been eyes igora royal chocolates and thinking a 4-63 roots and mids and maybe 2/3 6/63 and 1/3 4/63 for ends.

Sorry for banging on love to hear suggestions and inspo!
4/71 would be a nice colour.

Gosh full of typos. I meant 63s. And also igora not ignore!

My original reply said... Would you not think a little bit of a darker root would add dimension to the chocolate. And have you tried any of the 63s in igora. Thanks so much for reply. 4/71 is also lush but don't want it to look black.

My original reply said... Would you not think a little bit of a darker root would add dimension to the chocolate. And have you tried any of the 63s in igora. Thanks so much for reply. 4/71 is also lush but don't want it to look black.
You could mix 6/71 with it and creat 5/71 instead or add 6/73 instead and that will add some gold which will reflect the light nicely.
Im not familiar with igora shades to be honest, so I wouldn't like to recommend.

Oooo yes good idea I'll mix some /73 if using wella. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back