Chocolate treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keytay

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im in the process of setting up a beauty salon, i like the sound of offering chocolate treatments, could anyone tell me if there is a demand for this and also which products they use.

Thanks guys.x

Hi, I have been trying to find out about these treatments as well. There is a kit in the ellisons book, if thats what you are looking for.

Some of the other choco products that I have come across are expensive.

goodluck with your salon and chocolate search

Me and a friend of mine both work mobile and both bought the chocolate face masks from ellisons.
We both advetised well via emails to customers and flyers and have still to have a client book in for a treatment!
Anyway on sunday we decided to do each other a treatment and i can highly recomend the mask as our skin was left feeling like silk and looking fab.
Will see how things go once my website is up and running.

Hi everyone

Im in the process of setting up a beauty salon, i like the sound of offering chocolate treatments, could anyone tell me if there is a demand for this and also which products they use.

Thanks guys.x
Hi Ya,

I'M a mobile therapist and do chocolate facials. I am also just setting up so trying to build a client basis where is your salon?

I buy my stock from Ellisons I find them really helpful and good value for money.

Good Luck!

Carol:)

Hi in our salon we offer a Chocolate Facial as part of a range we do called Karin Herzog, This range is Sooo So good i would recommend it to anyone.
Below is a copy of what they say about the Choco2 Facial.

Chocolate contains fibre, essential fatty acids, proteins, glycerides, polyphenols, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, plus additional vitamins, which all combine to create very real and visible results. Polyphenols are known for their anti-oxidant properties, whilst glycerides deliver moisturizing lipids and fats to plump and firm the skin. The remaining minerals are necessary for healthy cell growth and renewal. in addition, because our products do not contain perfume, there is an unmistakable aroma of pure chocolate, which is known for its anti-depressant and stimulatory effect to lift and energise the spirits.

New research shows that cocoa has a higher concentration of anti-oxidants than red wine and both black and green tea. Cold chocolate milk does not have the same antioxidant benefits, as heat triggers the release of antioxidants from the cocoa. This is the reason we heat the chocolate in our mask and only offer hot chocolate as the after treatment drink, to further enhance results.

Recent research from harvard university found that people who ate chocolate three times a month had a life expectancy of almost a year greater. However , the same research showed that people who eat chocolate in excess have a lower life expectancy than non-chocolate eaters, possibly due to the risk of obesity.

Chocolate comes from the cacao palnt and research at the university of California showed that the phenolics (antioxidants) contained in the plant may well account for why cacao plants have a natural protection against insects and disease whilst growing.

The co-co2 Facial is original and innovative in every way and is the worlds first chocolate and oxygen facial. Adored and lauded by the press and clients alike, this treatment is massage from beginning to end, and the results are dramatic on lines, hydration levels and clarity.

hope this helps and was not to boring for you we use it and i just love the range and so do our clients.:green:

Hello
I am a mobile therapist and started to advertise choco body treatments a few months ago. I have to say that I find my clients are always saying "oooo that sounds fab" but never actually book one! I have only done them on friends where I force them!!
Saying that though I think nearer christmas is when these treatments will be popular.
I buy my choccy bits from Ellisons.
They do a fab range called Chocobeauty that is very reasonably priced.
good:hug: luck

I've enquired about the Karin Herzog range as it sounded delicious, but i couldn't substantiate the outlay without the client demand. If i do introduce the treatment, i'll buy Priadara's "Chocobeauty", as i already use priadara anyway. It's very reasonably priced and a good way to build a client base for choco facials before upgrading to a brand like Karin Herzog...

Well... that's my plan anyway.

I think it would very much be a select clientelle that would want choccie treatments.For me I would hate having anything chocolate on my body.I dont mean this in a nasty way at all and I like chocolate It just wouldn't be something I would want.

I think if I were to have chocolate treatments in my salon then I would do as another geek said and start at a cheaper brand just to see what the market was like for my clients and if I could justify the outlay.

Latest posts

Back