Chooseing a product line..what do you reccomend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it probably depends on the technician .As to what gives the 'best' results,products can only do so much ,but in wrong hands it would still come out a shocking mess weather u paid 2p for it or £100. a good tech could probably do a great job with cheapy cheap stuff. but hey thats just my view. i use opi clarite and am finding it hard to use .been using it for a year and still cant get the right thickness of product half the time ,cause the gummy layer bit is a pain to judge how much to roll off. but there are others who think it is great. so i guess its down to the tech using it

Gailz Nailz

Reaction score
Was trained with EZ FLOW...so im kind of thinking to go with them...not sure...Tammy Taylor...Creative..Young Nails..which do you get the best results from?...I like to work my product pretty wet so all i have to do is even it out and wipe the sides...when i dont get my product wet enough my nails comes out a mess! LOL...then i have all that fileing to do. Thanks for any opinions :)

I have used most systems over the years but now I am totally Creative committed I just found that it was the only company that could give me 100% products, training, support and ongoing learning which was the one thing I allways craved also the standard of research & development behind each new product is so high it imed gives you confidence in using the product & selling it. However I think you have to commit totally to a company to get the best out of them. I also feel you come across more professionally when you have a branded salon.
These are only my thoughts however I found once I had totally committed to creative my profit margin soared maybe this was just my confidence either way it worked for me.
As for only liking to work wet I think its your own habbits that you get used to and if you have to change these slightly but with better benefits in the future whats a little short term pain.

Thanks for your suggestions :)

I too was in this dilemma as I am returning to the nail business after a 12-year hiatus. Gladly, I have settled on a system. "Tammy Taylor" products! What did it for me?

The other day I got a call from a TT rep, Tory. He was informative, warm/inviting, patient, and impressive. Oh, not to mention the Platnum Special he told me about is "the bomb". $300 worth of product for $149.00 to be paid in three increments over three months! Pulleaze, you CAN NOT beat that marketing/customer service. Oh, 100% money back guarantee!!!!!! I have heard of TT's reputation over the years and have confidence in their product, education, customer support and the whole shabang.

Oh, for what it's worth. Had I not gone with TT, Creative was runner-up, with an acrylic system called Nouveau Nails from a discount supply house in Florida, USA behind that.

Hi

I'm not sure where you are from;

We only have one distributor here in England for TT and I can't comment on using the products myself. However I have had a set of them on myself. They use a spray sanitizer, a dry cuticle stone to remove cuticle on plate, a 100 GRIT to ETCH the plate (before you ask I know not to use anything less than 1200 on your natural nail and yes it did hurt, why didn't I say anything? I was too shocked!), a primer and when applying the product it seems/looks quite wet. I only had them on for a week, I removed them myself as I'm a trained nail technician and my nails are terrible/sore. This is not down to the products I'm sure and I can't say all TT trained technicians follow this routine. You say that different systems give different looks, however I'm sure you could choose one system and recreate all the looks from that one system. It just seems extra expense buying from different ranges.

Why don't you get the try me kits from each supplier and see for yourself.

Good luck

I say call all the companies you are interested in and ask as many questions as you can - go for companies who offer thorough training and support. Go to the trade shows if you can and talk to people on the stands and see if you can get small sizes of product to try.

If you are a one man band then consider the companies who treat ALL of their account clients equally - some companies are only geared to look after the larger salons with extortionate minimum orders.

Also look for companies who cater for all your needs so you do not have to buy bits from everywhere to satisfy all of your clients needs.

All of us are different and what suits me might not suit you. I have tried many products - NSI, No Lift, Supply Source, Creative Nail Design.

You say you like to work wet which is not a problem as long as it is the correct ratio for your product or you could end up with overexposure problems down the line.

Good luck with your search.

i would say to get yourself to a show with nothing on your nails and get a tip done at the companys you are interested in, mind you it will take time and you`ll probably have to queue up each time, but at least you can see the finished results, and what they are like after a week, if one is outstanding to you, try a sample of that particular product.

rafiki where is the nail warehouse you mentioned in florida? do you have full address, contact number etc? thanks in advance

Hiya

why dont you stay with ezflow? if you get on with the products and are happy with the results why change?? I have tried MANY different brands, i have heard good things about ezflow, very up and coming.

Lordy, couldn't remember my sign-in to save my life so here I am re-signed up, duh.

Update, update, people:

I am switching back to CND. I used it in the early 90's and was quite satisfied. Don't know why I felt need to explore, but I guess exploration is not a bad thing. Here's what happened . . .

I put the T.T. on left hand, and rememberd I had this teeny, tiny, small CND kit so decided to use it on the right hand (did Daisy Cutter white tips). Maaaaan, oh maaan, the Creative just glided on, oh so creamy and smoooth. I simply liked the feel, the workability of it and remembers why I loved it so much in the past.

Sooooo, we have a Beauty Show coming up on the first, I'll be ordering a kit. Now, it's all about education. If I am going to use the product, by golly I want to be educated. I took some classes back in the day (still have the certificates), but feel I should start from scratch. I want to learn all I can and attend Boot Camp.

Thanks,

Aminah (previously known as Rafiki).

aminah said:
I am switching back to CND. I used it in the early 90's and was quite satisfied. Don't know why I felt need to explore, but I guess exploration is not a bad thing. Here's what happened . . .

I put the T.T. on left hand, and rememberd I had this teeny, tiny, small CND kit so decided to use it on the right hand (did Daisy Cutter white tips). Maaaaan, oh maaan, the Creative just glided on, oh so creamy and smoooth. I simply liked the feel, the workability of it and remembers why I loved it so much in the past.

(previously known as Rafiki).

You are SO right. When you get used to a product you sometimes forget why you love it so much and why it is SO different. You think others are the same.
We sometimes get questions refering to yellowing, brittleness and breakages and lifting on this site and I always think ....... Do people still have these problems ?? .... because I never have any of these probs with Creative. Ok ok, the odd person breaks one but never 2 or 3 like I used to get with my old product. The colour is always exactly the same after MONTHS. Lifting? actually it really is never an issue for me.
So welcome back and enjoy those Master Classes when they come. The main 2 points to remember with CND is correct mix ratio and pressing the product on to the dry nail plate to get maximum contact with the product to nail. Personally I never use primer of any kind, acid or non acid and havent done for more than 12 years!!

I would recomend using Young Nails, this may sound weird but when your working with it... it's like working with clay, it's very flexible and I just love the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back