Choosing a makeup artist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hj1232

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this post is allowed but I'd like some advice.

When booking a makeup artist for your wedding, night out, prom or whatever it may be. Would you prefer a name, personality and a face behind the service, so lets just say for example Chloe Smith MUA (not a real person) coming to do your makeup for your event. Or would you rather a member of a team from a professionally set up makeup studio/collective do it? I feel that the self-named MUA may seem more approachable and bookable to the average person?

I'm part of a makeup studio, but we do not seem to be generating much business. I think part of the problem may be that we do not have any personal touch behind the business facebook/instagram pages, so I fear it looks rather clinical.

Hope I'm making sense, let me know your thoughts!

Hi, personally I think I would rather book an actual person so I could see thier work rather than a collective of people's work, you never know who your gonna get that way.

Hi, personally I think I would rather book an actual person so I could see thier work rather than a collective of people's work, you never know who your gonna get that way.

That's what I thought! I thought it would be easier and more personal to take our bookings separately and brand ourselves separately, so this is something we will look into :)

Definitely would want an actual person whose work I have seen. I'd probably first go by any recommendations from friends first.

Hi hun
There’s a make up salon near me and the way they work is everyone’s has their own page called ‘name mua’ but on that’s page it directs all bookings to the salon page. The salon page shares photos from each individuals page and when the salon posts any pictures they also write make up by ... and they have an album on the page for each persons work. Kind of like how tattoo studios do it. I think it’s good cause the salon has the good professional image and the branding but you can see each individuals work and pick who you want and who would be most sutied to you. I think a salon can work if you manage to get the right reputation but use the salon page to promote each individual as well because everyone will have something they specilise in and some one who wants natural make up will be scared off by heavy glam and someone who wants heavy glam won’t look twice at natural. You could try doing meet the team posts with the team members name a picture of them some pictures of their work and their specialties etc. Also anytime you post a picture write who did the make up then if people like it they know who to ask for. Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back