Choosing best color for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbliki

Reaction score
Hello hairdressers!
I would love to hear your tips for choosing the most flattering tones for our clients. What do u look for? Eye color, skin undertones? Any tried and true favorites? Tips for choosing the right tones?

Thanks so much! I’ve done a bit of reading and have some of my own ideas on this but would love to hear from others.

I always look at the under side of the wrist to determine skin tone. Eye colour can be important too but this can fluctuate because you will often see flecks of warmth in blue eyes.

To add ... The reason I use the underside of the wrist is because this is typically where it's easier to see a vein. Veins are all blue, but how they appear from the surface will differ depending on skin tone. So if the clients skin colour is cool their veins will appear blue or purple. If their veins appear green they have a warm / olive skin tone.
If their veins are blue and green or it's hard to tell then their skin tone is likely to be neutral.

Latest posts

Back