Choosing the Correct Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Amber, that was very useful! I was hoping you could answer a few more questions for me?

I've just started a home learning course in gel nails and was wondering which system you would recommend:
1. CND Brisa
2. NSI Balance Gels
3. Entity One Gel
4. ibd Soak Off Gels (are these the soft gels you mentioned?)

Also, I was wondering if you can mix and match 3 phase gels, or if you start with brisa you need to complete the other phases with brisa?

Plus do all hard gels need to be filed off or can you buy any that soak off but are still hard?

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate any help you can offer!
Cheers, Jen :)

hello sry for the silly question in advance :confused: but does this mean the 'hard gels' are the powder ones? coz wen i ask for gel nails at my salon, she uses powder..it sorta looks like the same when i sumtimes ask for acrylic nails instead.
and the 'soft gels' are the gooey ones right that looks like a very think clear nail polish right?

sry just trying to increase my knowledge on nails..thanx :)

hello sry for the silly question in advance :confused: but does this mean the 'hard gels' are the powder ones? coz wen i ask for gel nails at my salon, she uses powder..it sorta looks like the same when i sumtimes ask for acrylic nails instead.
and the 'soft gels' are the gooey ones right that looks like a very think clear nail polish right?

sry just trying to increase my knowledge on nails..thanx :)
Hard gels are buff off, they don't soak off with product remover or acetone.

Soft gels are soak off, they soak off with product remover or acetone.

When you had 'gel' applied did the technician dip the brush into liquid before dipping it into the powder?

Very helpful, thank you.
I was wondering the same about Acrylic.
Are there so many different types of Acrylics?

Thank You ..your article is very useful:biggrin:

Hia , im quite a newbie at nails and have only recently qualified,i find this article you wrote an absolute gem as it has made gels far more clearer to me to understand exactly what i am buying and which ones for tips and overlays , i was nervous which filing of but i knwo with caution i can do it ,so im going to get brisa,ing and get myself a ovely set of french tips plus i have brisa in silver and gold shimmer ;cant wait to get using them now :) !! Im lovin salon geek!! Xx

Fantastic article and brilliantly written! Xxx

I have to say this is a Fantastic article and brilliantly written!

Thanks - as a newbie found very helpful.x

Thanx for sharing that fab info. Definately makes things a lot clearer now :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Have any of you used Artisan? Watched some videos and the price is supper reasonable.

This article is fantastic,

Price wise what brand do salons prefer ?

Quality wise what is the best?

Many thanks!

What a fantastic post. Very understandable, and nothing too complicated. A heartfelt thank you. x

I see this was written back in 2006. IBD now has a soak off gel. This would fit into the soft gel category correct?

Latest posts

Back