Christmas - already!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyseeker

Reaction score
I went to my local Dobbies Garden Centre for coffee on Friday and they already had all their christmas stuff out OH MY GOD it was still September.

They did not even have anything for halloween.

I dont even want to think about Christmas till 1 November. Its far too early (can you tell I am freeking out here). Aghsghghshghshghshsh :irked: Soon it will be christmas in August :eek:

I know, our local garden centre has half the store blocked off because they're preparing all the Christmas displays ready for 1st October :eek:

It is ridiculous actually; this year I took the kids to school first day back after the summer holidays, popped to Tesco and what was in the second aisle? B....y advent calendars . . . I ask you:twisted:

My personal opinion is that all Christmas stuff should be banned in shops until at least November. By the time December is here I am sick of it.

OK rant over :hug:

god they've had advent calenders and xmas stuff in our asda and tescos for few weeks now, and yes it is a bit annoying

but..... ive already made over 30 xmas cards, as i make all my own handmade cards, so have to start early enough to fit them all in, and since were going away in dec this year, i have to have them ready to post even earlier this year lol,

i suppose for people who will be away for xmas, they have to be able to buy everything ready? im trying to make sense of it now lol, but really lets face it we should be able to get halloween out of the way first , before they start with xmas

xxxxx

ive already got my grandkids' xmas pressies in, only got 5 more pressies to get and im done - yeehaa, never been this organised for years

yea me too glynis, only got 2 more pressies to get and few selection boxes and im done too, only cos we're going away though, otherwise i wouldnt have started , but i tell you what im soooo much calmer and actually looking forward to xmas his year (not just cos of disneyworld pmsl) because all the mad rush and panic has gone xx

I understand buying presents and making cards, coz they are things that cant wait, and if you see something that is just right for granny or aunty or husband, etc, you might as well buy it as it wont be there later.

Its just all the decorations, advent callenders, cakes, puds, etc, it gets the kids all hyped up far too early. My daughter is 13 and was all "ohhh thats lovely lets buy that for the tree". Its just more pressure on us poor parents to spend money earlier and earlier in the year. Clever marketing ploy I suppose. :(

I used to work for B&Q and September was the month that all range reviews happened in store for the Christmas stock. It used to really depress me. :cry:

We don't have any decorations or Christmas related things in our shops until at least the last week of November or first week of December :D

:eek:There is someone in my area who has had their xmas tree up, with all the flashing lights and the whole caboodle for well over a week !!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Xmas tree up in September I ask u!

xxxx:hug:

It's silly.

My Twins were born on the 9th December and I was hoping to hold off Christmas decorations and even the thought of Christmas until they have had their birthdays - we agreed that Decs would go up a week AFTER their birthday, but when they are advertised everywhere, it's just stupid.

Would be nice to get Halloween and then Bonfire night over and done with - we came out of B&Q the other day and a few little kids were saying Penny for the Guy.. I just said go on then, give the Guy a Penny - meaning give one to my hubby! They just looked at me soft, cheeky little beggars.

What can you buy for a Penny these days anyway!?!

It should be £1 for the Guy now...

:eek:There is someone in my area who has had their xmas tree up, with all the flashing lights and the whole caboodle for well over a week !!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Obviously they need to get out more! :lol:

Some people are just soooooo saaaaaaaad. :rolleyes:

:hug:

Latest posts

Back