Christmas appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Christmas all & I'm off today ONLY because I read Geeg's post! :)

Haha I know!!! Oh well - I guess I learned the hard way. 😏

I'm sitting here in my dressing gown drinking a cuppa with my dogs cuddled up, this is a 1st, yesterday dashing to capital to get a nail polish colour for client, then here and there, but today it's a me day a family day, partly due to Geegs thread as it stopped me feeling guilty and I'm loving it

Happy Christmas all :hug:

I'll admit I am working today, but more of a relaxed day with friends as the cafe etc by my salon have only got today off so they're all coming to be beautified!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm working today but only have three clients booked in, which will fly by compared to the 12 hour days I've been doing for the last week... I think I've forgotten what a real dinner looks like (I've lived on toast & crisps!) and I haven't set foot outside since weds as I work from home. Roll on 4pm!

All I'm doing today is cleaning my files (done) and my own nails (in process of doing). Taking Gigi's advice and not feeling guilty at all :)

Vicki x

I've done two clients and just helping out the hairdressers then going in about an hour.

Happy Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!

I finished on the 23rd dec and will be off til the 30th dec.

I tend to work NYE up til 6pm as do get wedding bookings and ladies wanting hair, makeup and nails for Nye parties.

Geeg is so right on this, I've had Xmas eve off since I had my daughter 3 years ago.
I feel sometimes everyone else is doing things and I'm just working all the time :(

So I booked the odd day off to go on Xmas party's and things I think I can't do normally.
I'm no worse off financially, just feel happier I've done more for me this Xmas except my nails lol I just ran out of steam ;) x

I worked every day including Sunday and Christmas Eve and all went well, fully booked and no cancellations or no shows.

I have learned a lot over the last 6 years and one of the most important lessons I have learned is that Gigi talks a huge load of sense xx

So although I had no problems

Next year I will be off Christmas Eve and spending it with my family xx

thanks Geeg another wee reminder for me to enjoy my family xxx

I worked every day including Sunday and Christmas Eve and all went well, fully booked and no cancellations or no shows.

I have learned a lot over the last 6 years and one of the most important lessons I have learned is that Gigi talks a huge load of sense xx

thanks Geeg another wee reminder for me to enjoy my family xxx

Finding the balance between family life and work is one of the hardest challenges there is. Most men can't do it, most women can't always do it (but I still think we are better at it than the guys) ... Planning and sticking to the plan is crucial. Even trying is better than nothing.

Hope all had a fab Christmas ..

I worked my butt off and sorted family, dinners and wrapped presses all week, some of it working up till 12am...to fit all in...

Had a fab week all clients were happy, and I got to spend a quality all day Xmas eve with my children....bliss...

Sarah x

It's that time Again ... Hope it's not too late to put it into practice ... If so, better luck next year!

It's that time Again ... Hope it's not too late to put it into practice ... If so, better luck next year!

I've just read your original post for this from last year, and thank you goog it's made me feel less guilty this year, as I am in year 2 of the salon and Christmas week itself last year wasn't so bad, I'm hair so many would want their colours done for both Christmas and new year and due to Christmas being on Tuesday last year and people thinking I was shut Monday just because I'm a hairdressers meant I had 4 people in between Christmas to new year and it was busier but they all moved or can in the week prior.

This year my week before Christmas is full and only 2 people have wanted Christmas week or New Years week, but I'm going to Italy to meet the bfs family this year, I've said it won't be something I can get away with forever as most come before and the rest who aren't that fussed come back in jan, and I looked over January of this years diary and you're right, I had lots of new ladies and it was a very good month considering the first jan open and its January!

So excellent advise, take time for yourself and your family as last year I planned to have time in jan given its usually expected lay quiet and when I was mobile it was kind of, but truth is I've not had a Christmas and new year break except for the 3 bank holiday days for 12 years and thought its about time I did :)

Hope you all take time for yourselves :)

Hi, I DO work Xmas eve ... 8-3pm for all my regular clients... New clients etc are done week before... I have 3 very young children & I'm lucky that my husband works from home ... So whilst I'm working they go off out delivering presents & decorating Christmas cake... When I get home phone turned off and I spend the next couple of days with my family ... I love working Xmas and spending time with my kiddies ... The right balance is hard to find x

I am working up until the 23rd, I am taking from 24th to 3rd January. I refuse to work Xmas eve as it's family time. Xx

26-12-12, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigirl

thanks Geeg another wee reminder for me to enjoy my family x

(Originally posted by Geeg last year )

Finding the balance between family life and work is one of the hardest challenges there is. Most men can't do it, most women can't always do it (but I still think we are better at it than the guys) ... Planning and sticking to the plan is crucial. Even trying is better than nothing.

Sorry finding it difficult to quote on my phone do have copied and pasted from last year.

Very proud to say I
Have booked Christmas Eve off to spend with my family xxx. ( have even booked 2 days off this week as a break before the Christmas madness)

Thanks for your wisdom Geeg I
Would have been working Christmas Eve again had it not been for your wise words and experience xccc

I am working monday 23rd and working sunday 22nd so that I can have Christmas Eve off. Last year I didn't work but I had to do a nail repair first thing in the morning which only took me 15mins but I did feel rushed and annoyed after burning myself out all December for this day off, obviously I had to do this one nail repair and my client is a lovely client so couldn't say no! But I will be having it off this year as we love taking our little girl out somewhere and I enjoy watching all the men rushing around with loads of bags!! Although I still have loads of appointments left so I'm worried but at the same time looking forward to not burning myself out like I have in the past.

I'm working until sat 21st as usual then will work a few hours xmas eve if needed. I'm back in the salon for the day on sat 28th then working a few hours on 31st. I intend to enjoy a family xmas! Most of my regulars are booking their xmas appointments so its just the one iff people to fit in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm working 21st and 23rd, sunday is my day off, i may squeeze someone in christmas eve morning dunno yet.
Then I'll open the 28th and 30th, and again maybe 31st in the morning.

But as this is my first christmas I'm gonna play it by ear and see how I go (I'm just praying that i will be busy, fingers crossed)

Latest posts

Back