Christmas decorations thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I am just about to start buying decorations for my new salon. I haven't done a christmas there yet and I am excited but oh so confused as to how to decorate.

I was hoping some of you lovely ladies will share photos of how you have decorated in the past.

My salon is slightly clinical, it's white, creams, bright and light and the only colours in there are varying shades of blue so I am stuck on what to go for decor wise.

I was going to go down the white fairy lights route but figured I wouldn't have much use as it'd obviously be working in daylight for the most part.

I really need inspiration so I do hope some of you will share! :)

Your new salon is exactly the same as mine with the White and small hint of blue!! Mines solely white but I have a blue LED strip light on my desk!
I struggled so much at first, as last year was also my first Christmas in my new premises, but anything works with our colour scheme!

I try not to over-do it as it can look tacky so I literally have a Christmas tree with minimal in rest of shop. Our decorations are green, red, white & silver - very traditional! I hang small baubles from my ceiling tiles (sounds silly but looks effective).
NO tinsel - am I the only person who can't stand the stuff?🙈
I will try and find a picture & post it on here but I found less is more!
I cannot wait to get ours up!

Just to add to this thread, when do you all think is acceptable to put the Christmas decorations up in our shops? I usually work on 1st December!

Thanks for your response Saira!

Mine is predominantly white but I do have blue as my signature colour, I have it more in the treatment rooms!

When I was just renting a room in an old salon we would hang the baubles from the ceiling and it did look fab. I have a solid plastered ceiling so can't but I have bought some blue white and silver baubles to hang from the windows as such:

I think I will do this and add some lights and not much more, other than a little tree of course! :)

I would love to see a picture of your salon.

Attachments

• 0829cbd21aa76cbe8173679457401e06.jpg
    0829cbd21aa76cbe8173679457401e06.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 262
Thanks for your response Saira!

Mine is predominantly white but I do have blue as my signature colour, I have it more in the treatment rooms!

When I was just renting a room in an old salon we would hang the baubles from the ceiling and it did look fab. I have a solid plastered ceiling so can't but I have bought some blue white and silver baubles to hang from the windows as such:

I think I will do this and add some lights and not much more, other than a little tree of course! :)

I would love to see a picture of your salon.

Love that, I'm pinching that idea too lol

Zooks, have you thought about collaborating with another small business to sort out your decorations? There is a lovely orchid shop in town here that have spectacular window displays at Easter and Christmas. When I get my own salon, I will be asking them to decorate for me, in exchange for free advertising and what ever else I can negotiate. They do sell very tasteful Christmas items, so that would also be beneficial to them if my clients want to buy anything.
Maybe you know someone who's work you admire. Plus, you don't have to have the same thing every year.

Ch-ela

What a fab idea. Unfortunately my local florist, already a client of mine, has just packed up shop :(

I am going to mail her anyway as I know she is doing a few bits from home!

Brilliant thinking thankyou! :)

We generally keep our quite simple and are lucky enough to have a space to put a tree! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415065461.525088.jpg

I like this a lot, is it a real tree?

I only want to get a small one and add some baubles in salon themed colours.

I found 2 wreaths that I loved but one (posted below) was £70 and the other whih was your traditional green foliage but with blue baubles was £150, seems a crazy amount to me.

In the end I ordered a fak foliage one that I will attach baubles to!

Attachments

• blue400.jpg
    blue400.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 87

Latest posts

Back