Christmas fair, Help with wording please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri

Reaction score
I've had a blank. I have the Xmas fair to do today at my daughters' school and want to say that I will be polishing all 10 nails but only putting a design on the thumbs and middle fingers but I cannot think how to put all that into a few simple words.

I would be very grateful if you could help.

Oh! and do you think that £2.50 is a reasonable price for this service. I'm going to say gems at an extra 20p each and have given them the choice of 10 designs only.

Thanks! Teri x:Love:

I'm doing the same thing - I've just put
"Choose from the designs below:
-then I have my decorated tips stuck on-
all ten fingers will be polishes, with designs on two fingers - we recommend the ring fingers."
Then my price. I've gone for £3.50 but we'll see how it goes. Like you I've done set designs. Last time I did a fayre I did pick your colour, then pick your sticker, but I think it's more simple to do set designs. People may well say 'well, can I have that design but on that colour' which is OK, I just don't want people umming and aahing for ages!

I'm doing the same thing - I've just put
"Choose from the designs below:
-then I have my decorated tips stuck on-
all ten fingers will be polishes, with designs on two fingers - we recommend the ring fingers."
Then my price. I've gone for £3.50 but we'll see how it goes. Like you I've done set designs. Last time I did a fayre I did pick your colour, then pick your sticker, but I think it's more simple to do set designs. People may well say 'well, can I have that design but on that colour' which is OK, I just don't want people umming and aahing for ages!

Thanks for replying, got my designs stuck on a display card.

So do you think;

"All ten fingers polished with designs on 4 fingers - I recommend thumbs and middle fingers" sounds OK or is that too long winded?

Teri x:Love:

Just a thought here, might not be a good idea to put designs on the middle fingers if you catch my drift!!

I'm doing a school fair soon too, and when I did it last year I avoided art on those fingers just incase the little darlings enjoyed showing those ones off more that any other!

Update time:

I've just got back from the fair and was very quiet at first. I thought "great, what a waste of time". So, I painted my daughters' nails and they came flocking. I had a queue. Woo!

It was on 3 till 5pm and I made £42.60.

I'm absolutely thrilled to bits and all my mini clients sat so still. Little angels!

Just thought I'd share my good news!

Teri x:Love:

Oh forgot to say, got read of lots of leaflets and a booking too.

Well done hun, glad it all went smoothly...nice when it all comes together aint it.:hug:

Excellent news. Congrats Honey xx

Well done! Where abouts in E Sussex are you? I'm doing mine tomorrow from 3-5 so I hope I'm as busy :D My only worry is I have these super cute penguin stickers and I'm worried that I might run out. Silly me, I only bought one pack!
I have a bunch of little gift sets and stocking filler sized things to sell so hopefully I can make some money on that too, and raise my profile round the village. Open nearly two years and still hardly anyone seems to know I'm here!!

Well done! Where abouts in E Sussex are you? I'm doing mine tomorrow from 3-5 so I hope I'm as busy :D My only worry is I have these super cute penguin stickers and I'm worried that I might run out. Silly me, I only bought one pack!
I have a bunch of little gift sets and stocking filler sized things to sell so hopefully I can make some money on that too, and raise my profile round the village. Open nearly two years and still hardly anyone seems to know I'm here!!

OOH those penguin stickers sound cute, where did you get thm from?

I've pm'd you!

Teri x:hug:

Latest posts

Back