Christmas feast, what do you eat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Ok so my back has finally decided to give in and i'm stuck in bed.
Just been watching Bill Granger and am now deciding what we will be eating for our christmas feast.
We cook for 7 and am sick of the same old stuff.
What do you lot have on the big day? Anything unusual?
Make me hungry :lick:

well hun...we have the normal xmas dinner, on xmas eve my hubby makes all the mince pies and sauage rolls from scratch!!!!...we have like a table for xmas evening full of snacks...like the sauage rolls mince pies....sandwiches...crisps....nothing special , its just how we do things.hope your back is better soon...hubby keeps getting bad back....i ignore him as he is winger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Traditional roast Turkey, chestnut stuffing, sprouts, roasties etc for us

All washed down with Champagne, wine, liqueurs etc

With home made sausage rolls and mince pies

Hungry yet ?:lol:

Yeah i'm hungry :eek:
Did you all know that it is illegal to eat mince pie on christmas day??
Well not all sweet and innocent are ya, bet you all been braking the law for years, tut tut :lol:
See i don't like mince pies or christmas pudding and to be honest i think by the time we've been round all the family everyone is sick of the stuff.
Was thinking of maybe a christmas pudding ice cream instead of a pudding and sauce.
I think a trip to the Jersey farm is in order here, yummy ice cream :green:

Don't laugh and yes I'm serious, in my house its Egg, Chips and Beans.
It all started when the kids were little and they wouldn't eat veg and I wasn't gonna make a dinner for myself to eat so we had egg,chips and beans and its sort of stuck.
Don't get me wrong I love dinners but its not that much different to a sunday dinner which I can have anytime.

Don't laugh and yes I'm serious, in my house its Egg, Chips and Beans.
It all started when the kids were little and they wouldn't eat veg and I wasn't gonna make a dinner for myself to eat so we had egg,chips and beans and its sort of stuck.
Don't get me wrong I love dinners but its not that much different to a sunday dinner which I can have anytime.
How cool is that! It's still you're family tradition and i like it :lol:

Traditional roast Turkey, chestnut stuffing, sprouts, roasties etc for us

All washed down with Champagne, wine, liqueurs etc

With home made sausage rolls and mince pies

Hungry yet ?:lol:
Perfect! Can I come pleeeese?

We have the traditional turkey with all the trimmings, plus xmas pud. In the evening, my lot like a bit of a buffet consisting of spring rolls, samosas, nuts, prawn crackers and plum sauce with xmas cake and mince pies. That's if the indigestion doesn't hit first!! :rolleyes: :irked:

We have the traditional turkey with all the trimmings, plus xmas pud. In the evening, my lot like a bit of a buffet consisting of spring rolls, samosas, nuts, prawn crackers and plum sauce with xmas cake and mince pies. That's if the indigestion doesn't hit first!! :rolleyes: :irked:
OMG i just put on 7lb reading that! :lol:

this started 4 years ago we pop down to brighton and eat fish and chips and walk along the pier.

Yvonne

this started 4 years ago we pop down to brighton and eat fish and chips and walk along the pier.

Yvonne
There's a chippy open on christmas day? wow!
Bet if i suggested that to Ray he'd have us all in the car and on our way to Whitby!!!

We usually have ..........Prime rib,mash potatoes,sweet potatoes,greens,and desserts of all kids.....usually cheesecake though .....mmmmm....can't wait for Christmas !
oh and various snacks vegis ,cookies,crackers and cheese to munch on through out the day....

we arent really that traditional, last year half of us had spring rolls & egg fried rice, and the other half had curry! think we are having a cookie dinner this year, so we'll be having quorn roast :)

We are pretty traditional too, but I make a safron, risotto stuffing with sundried tomato butter, its yum. I make my own cranberry sauce. We usually have smoked salmon starter and usual christmas pudding with cream and/or brandy butter. We also dont eat till about 6.00pm as I like to get out and about during the daylight so my hub makes a cooked breakfast after we have opened the presents and then we go out for a nice long walk with the dog then back to play with toys etc and then get dinner ready, finish eating at about 9.00pm and keep on drinking 'till bed.

Trish :hug:

Latest posts

Back