christmas gift vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
just re-capping on a few suggestions from salon geek about gift wrapping gift vouchers.

so, have advertised them as £1.50 extra if gift wrapped.

so, now bit stumped on how to gift wrap them!!!!!

should I put them in a bag? in a box? how to make a gift voucher look fab?

You could get some of them organza bags with the draw string ribbon at the top, they look really pretty and can be bought really cheaply on the dreaded ebay, look under wedding favours hth

you could try using a cd gift box - use a bow etc - simple but easy
tracy

Why not roll then up with a thin card and tie them Christmas Cracker style? That way you can also include a price list.

you could put them in an envelope and tie christmas coloured curling ribbon round them xx

Hi, I have just been through the same thing, some of my gift vouchers are for alot of money, so I wanted them to look really special (and most are sold to men, so wrapping is really important - if my boyfriend is anything to go by).
I spent alot of time researching online and came up with a company called swiftbox.co.uk. They have some really nice packaging. I went for scroll boxes in classic cream and black and am dressing them up with organza ribbons. Means if you don't sell out you are not limited by christmas themes.
You can then get some really nice paper bags to pop them in, with some coloured tissue, your menu and any little samples.
With every gift voucher purchase for Christmas, I give the purchaser a 10% off treatment voucher for January. So they get something nice too and you fill your quiet month!
You should go recycled, it would go well with your brand!

thanks geeks, you have come up trumps once again.

carrie - looked at the site you recommend, and really love the CD wallets.
was p&p expensive?

Hi, I have just been through the same thing, some of my gift vouchers are for alot of money, so I wanted them to look really special (and most are sold to men, so wrapping is really important - if my boyfriend is anything to go by).
I spent alot of time researching online and came up with a company called swiftbox.co.uk. They have some really nice packaging. I went for scroll boxes in classic cream and black and am dressing them up with organza ribbons. Means if you don't sell out you are not limited by christmas themes.
You can then get some really nice paper bags to pop them in, with some coloured tissue, your menu and any little samples.
With every gift voucher purchase for Christmas, I give the purchaser a 10% off treatment voucher for January. So they get something nice too and you fill your quiet month!
You should go recycled, it would go well with your brand!

My friend has done this, but in a different colour, and they really do look very classy. :hug:

If you have a good quality stationers near you, you will be able to pick up gold or silver envelopes which are either sold individually or in packs. You could then decorate your envelopes with stick-on bows.

I have printed the vouchers and put them inside a plain pink card and envelope. I then put that into a gift bag along with a brochure and a small box of Guilyan shell chocolates (99p for a box of 9).

That add an extra something too. I am doing a charity pamper event next week so we'll see how they go.

that sounds lovely.

I make my own bathbombs, also got a pile of organza bags and a pile of tumblestones, so was thinking of adding one of those.

happily looking at packaging at the moment.

A friend of mine (and me too soon) has bought small foil envelopes and then decorated them with craft types flowers and curling ribbon. They look beautiful.

Only problem is she won't tell me where she bought them but I have been having a scout around myself, will let you know what I find.

I make my own bathbombs, also got a pile of organza bags and a pile of tumblestones, so was thinking of adding one of those.

How do you make them? They sound fab!:)

its a bit of a knack and the ingredients are sometimes hard to find.

• the dry ingredients are citric acid and bicarbonate of soda
  • the decoration is dried flowers
  • the liquid is either rose/lavender/orange blossom water or witchazel
  • the aroma is essential oils
  • the moulds are eitehr professional moulds or ice cube trays for minis
To make:
1 tablespoon citric acid
3 tablespoons sieved bicarb
Mix together
Add 6 drops of chosen essential oil(s) eg ylang ylang and bergamot (3 drops of each)
Mix in well to prevent clumping.
Using a small spray bottle - spray 2-3 times into dried ingredients and mix well.
Repeat this action until the mixture JUST clumps together and looks like DAMP (not wet) sand.

It is very important that you do not add the liquid to fast, and that you do not add too much liquid, otherwise your bomb will start to expand and you won't be able to get it out of the mould.

Once you have desired consistency, place a small sprinkle of corresponding dried flowers in the bottom of the mould, I also add some heart table confetti (about 5).

Add the bomb mix to the mould and PRESS IN firmly. Press in again (the aim is to get a really smooth firm bomb, their will be no air bubbles, gaps in it, so pressing firmly is vital. (I go back and do this 3-4 times in the next hour).

Level the top off so its smooth and leave for 12-24 hours to firm up. Turn out of mould and package up.

(it is not necessary to put one bomb on top of the other, the fashion now is to have a single bomb).

Latest posts

Back