Christmas gifts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanting Beauty

Reaction score
Ever since I started my mobile business 10 years ago, every Xmas I have given my clients a card with a £5 voucher to use against treatments in the New Year. I felt this was a nice idea to thank clients for their custom & also gave them a bit of incentive to book in during the quieter “after Christmas” months.
This year however, I feel that I can’t take the financial hit for everyone using their vouchers & also I feel like my clients expect a voucher from me now & very rarely say Thankyou anymore. Also writing & giving out cards is a bit of a pain too.
I was wondering what everyone else did? Should I stop altogether? I feel I want to do something to say Thankyou but unsure of what.
I did think about doing a raffle to win a voucher, say £20 or something, but with a lot of people having financial troubles not sure if I would get any takers.
Then I thought I would just enter everyone into a prize draw to win a voucher, then it’s a little bit of excitement & also not such a financial hit for me as most clients will book in a little extra.
Also it was my 10 year anniversary of starting my business in July & with all the lockdown & rush back into work, I kind of forgot about it & wanted to mark it somehow so thought about combining anniversary & Xmas.
Any opinions appreciated. 😃

I am also in the same situation, but have already suggested to most of mine that I will probably not be doing a raffle this year..... I said I can't afford it.
You are quite right about feeling that they take it for granted, but it is difficult to stop something when you have started it. This year is a whole new ball game and you could end it now. Definitely no cards unless you have some specials or ones that live on their own- that's up to you.

I think most clients will pay £1 for a raffle ticket if there is a chance of winning. Plus you already have a name for it ......your "2020 Christmas/Anniversary raffle"
You have got me thinking now!

I stopped vouchers after the first year when I realised January was my quietest month and I couldn't afford to take the hit. Those who came in January were going to come anyway, discount or not, so I was giving money away unnecessarily.

I then went down the novelty present route, mini hand lotions, mini cuticle oils, charms, personalised handbag tags, etc, for the next few years.

I've stopped posting cards to absent clients in the hope of generating rebooking following a comment on a different (unrelated) forum where someone posted that it irritated them that they only heard from the beauty salon they'd used occasionally at Christmas :oops: I used to design and make my own Christmas Cards with my business name on the front with something festive, I also stopped doing that following another random comment someone said about 'who wants a card with someone's business name on their mantlepiece' 😆

The last couple of years I've given cards, charity based (British Legion, Dogs Trust, etc) and a pen with my business name, advertising and a gift all in one ;)

I'm not convinced there's any financial or marketing benefit to purchasing specific 'gifts' - that said it will gift my extremely loyal and long term clients with something randomly, if they're wanting a hand lotion for instance, I tell them it's on me as a thank you.

Thankyou Ladies!
I think I may put some feelers out now regarding a raffle & see if anyone will buy tickets. If not, might turn it into a prize draw & enter everyone. That way i’m not losing out on as much as I would normally with the £5 off vouchers.
I was thinking should I include those clients that haven’t returned yet? Might be an incentive to come back.

I was thinking should I include those clients that haven’t returned yet? Might be an incentive to come back.

Raffle ticket in their Christmas card, they can put it in the box when they come for an appointment in January, draw on Jan 31st :D

Hi

I popped into Aldi recently and they have gorgeous flowers at £2.29. I’ve given a bunch to clients to say thank you for shopping local and their continued support. I originally bought them for clients who changed their facial appointments to an alternative treatment after our guidelines in Scotland changed. This meant so much to us rather than huge cancellations. We have had clients in tears at this gesture. I know it’s not a Christmas idea but I think I will consider this again for my regulars.

I volunteered at our local food bank over lock down so will putting a notice up on socials to say rather than Christmas cards we will be donating to them as we did last year.

I love these blogs from Lockhart Meyer - so many good ideas for Christmas: Christmas

Enjoy!! x

I must be a complete meanie!
The way I see it is I give them a fabulous treatment & service and they get excellent value for money.....
I ‘owe’ them nothing🤓

So many good ideas!
Just need to get my thinking head on & decide what’s best to do 😋

I love giving gifts at Christmas.

A great gift for Christmas would be candles. Candles are an ancient symbol of Christmas. According to popular belief, it was the candles that lit with the birth of Jesus Christ that became the sign of a miracle. Therefore, giving a candle as a Christmas gift is a great idea. You can choose a scented candle or one decorated with dried fruit and spruce branches. Here already be guided by your preferences. If you want to take the time to choose a gift, you can order a gift basket www.jetgiftbaskets.com. Special people will assemble your gift for any taste. Happy Holidays!

Candle Warmer Lamp, Since they don’t require a flame, candle warmers are safer than lighting a traditional candle plus they double as chic home decor. The best gift is one that comes from the heart and shows the recipient how much you care about them.
Sending Christmas cards is a wonderful tradition that adds a personal touch to your holiday greetings.

I am also in the same situation, but have already suggested to most of mine that I will probably not be doing a raffle this year..... I said I can't afford it. Sentinel Miniatures - Eldfall Chronicles
You are quite right about feeling that they take it for granted, Bitcoin Poker App | SWCPoker.club but it is difficult to stop something when you have started it. This year is a whole new ball game and you could end it now. Definitely no cards unless you have some specials or ones that live on their own- that's up to you.

I think most clients will pay £1 for a raffle ticket if there is a chance of winning. Plus you already have a name for it ......your "2020 Christmas/Anniversary raffle"
You have got me thinking now!
Taking a pause this year might be the wise move, and who knows, it could become the legendary "2020 Christmas/Anniversary Raffle that Wasn't." Sometimes, the unexpected plot twists are the best ones!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back