christmas nail art stall - what to charge for nailart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
hi there ive just found out at very very last min that i can have a stall at my local church doing nail art on the kids (its on sat!!!) also very excited! :)problem is im going to need some very quick designs as ive no time to order any decals or anything also the vicar told me he thought £2.50 was a bit expensive for kids to pay but ive offered to give a percentage to the church for the stall i dont want to make any money from it just enough to cover costs! its more a chance to let the adults know im around!!!!! i was just wondering what would you charge?

I think £2.50 is very reasonable. You've just got to think that a lot of children will pay £2 a go to kick a football into a net at these kind of things and never get anything to show for it!

im just a little nervous as i dont have a great range of polishes yet and need to get creative quick!!!!!!

i also think £2.50 is very reasonable, only other thing you could do is £2.50 both hands or 50p a nail so maybe they could just have a design on thier thumbs or something. i hope it all goes well for you.
i would stick to very few colours and designs otherwise it will take ages for them to decide.
i would go with your pinks and lilacs and a glitter stripper. they love the glitter with a few flicks.

I would have a few designs to show and let them choose to save time younger children are easier to please i find , they will have one sticker with polish or one crystal , I would keep it simple!:)

ive ended up spending a fortune today! just buying a few polishes and glitter stuff! im getting quite excited!!!

good for you hun....£2.50 is good....some kids pay £3.00 for face painting ,if not more....good luck to you for sat...well done for giving a percentage to the church aswell....xxx

I've done this few times for our school and only charge £1 with 2 nails having nail art. Parents dont want to pay more than that when loads of other stalls to pay for aswell.

The first time i did it, gave them some examples to choose from, but it was a nightmare cos it took them so long to decide and also all kids hanging round waiting for their turn were all over the table picking the examples up etc! Bless em eh!

So from then on just gave them choice of flicks and glitter or stick on flower. They quite happy with that and makes it loads quicker - you gotta be quick with the kids and also it always gets so busy that I have to get thro them quick.

If you painting them aswell I dont bother with undercoat and just do one decent coat of colour with top coat over varnish and nail art. the colours they choose are usually so bright and dark that one coat is enough. They just cant sit still long enough for base, 2 coats, art and top coat!

hope you have fun - my stall always manic cos they love it and have them coming up to me at school all the next week showing me it is still on etc!

hth
x

ps - £1 is for painting and nail art.

I recently did this for my sons playgroup, and am doing it again tomorrow for my daughters school.

I only charged 50p per set. Now that may not seem alot but I was donating my time and ALL equipment, polishes and stickers etc. I wasn't taking any money from it at all.

We made a bomb! In 2 hours we made over £20. These little girls (and boys!) were literally queuing up to have it done. :) Full profit for the cause. The amount of polish used on these tiny nails is negligable in all honestly and I don't mind paying for the stickers either.

Although I do have a stand on the table with my leaflets in so
lots and lots of mums and grannies took them so I still benefit from it with potential new clients, and the school have their funds added to. :)

I think £2.50 is very reasonable. I think you will be fine. I also agree not to give them too much to choose from.

yay! panic over! my nailtopia stickers arrived this morning! thats gonna save a lot of free hand painting!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I got loads of flower stickers of ebay really cheap and they look good too! Great for kids nails!:)

Good luck, hope it goes really well and you get your name out there

Latest posts

Back