Christmas Presents to give to clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellehayley

Reaction score
I am wanting lots of ideas. I always give my regular clients christmas presents as a thank you for their business over the last year. I cant think what to give them this year any ideas? Last year I wrapped up Dermalogica Multi Vit hand cream. Im wanting to spend max £3 per client, cant really afford anymore as got lots of regular clients.

Please help:green:

i buy a few boxes of mini wines, and create goodie bags, with samples and travel size products in.
:)

Looked on that website theres some unusal bits! Has anyone even given printed diarys with the salon details on?

Looked on that website theres some unusal bits! Has anyone even given printed diarys with the salon details on?

I was thinking of this too, before I qualified my tech used to give these out. Great idea and they can put in their next appointment. :)

:) Yeah a diary is a fab idear

Where could you purchase these from?

The first year i started i gave Xmas gifts...small candle, chocs and solar oil. It seemed a nice idea...however the second year we hit financial problems and i couldn't really afford to do it again but felt i had somehow made a rod for my own back and that it would be expected again. So i stretched the already tight budget and did it again...but to be honest i don't think it is nessesary....how many of you get Xmas gifts from your hairdresser...?

Will i do it again this year...probably...cos yet again i feel like i have started something i cant get out off. Although i do think maybe the offer of some mulled wine and a mince pie would be a better idea.

Don't get me wrong...i am grateful for the business that my clients give me very much but i think in return i offer a great service all year round.

I guess all i am saying is if your going to start doing this...will you then do it every year ...?...especially as your business grows and you have more and more clients. x

The first year i started i gave Xmas gifts...small candle, chocs and solar oil. It seemed a nice idea...however the second year we hit financial problems and i couldn't really afford to do it again but felt i had somehow made a rod for my own back and that it would be expected again. So i stretched the already tight budget and did it again...but to be honest i don't think it is nessesary....how many of you get Xmas gifts from your hairdresser...?

Will i do it again this year...probably...cos yet again i feel like i have started something i cant get out off. Although i do think maybe the offer of some mulled wine and a mince pie would be a better idea.

Don't get me wrong...i am grateful for the business that my clients give me very much but i think in return i offer a great service all year round.

I guess all i am saying is if your going to start doing this...will you then do it every year ...?...especially as your business grows and you have more and more clients. x

I must say i would have to agree with you. It would be nice to give your regulars christams presents, but surely you also have to think about birthdays, easter and so on??
I wanted to do this with my clients but i am still at rock bottom and business is just not picking up. So do i risk it and just give presents to the people that have been with me the longest or do i carry it on untill all my earnings go to all my new clients as well as my old clients? :rolleyes:
I have never given presents unless it was their birthdays, probably a christmas card with 10% off their next order might be better and you deff wouldn't be out of pocket. :green:

i must be tight coz i dont get clients anything :lol:, i do give em a voucher though for something like a free mini pedicure , in the hope they will like it and come back :lol::lol:

Thinking a little outside the box here,
But a possibility is ...
Buy, and make up some gift bags, retail them to clients to give to others as gifts,
and say mabey if they buy 3 then they get a free gift bag for themselves ??

I suppose this would only work for certain people,
but its xmas and if something grabs someones eye..they will snap it up just for the sake of NOT having to shop around,
So whatever you do make it eye catching .
could be fun to do in spare time (if you have any of that, that is :lol:)
and make some profit in the meantime x

I did the same, but last year I only gave a gift to the clients that had been with me since the last Christmas (so the new ones didn't know!), and tbh it didn't change who would rebook I don't think.

This year? Well, I'll give to those who got a pressie last year again! So it;' a few, but by no means all of them!

I have never given clients a gift at Christmas ... nor a card. Our salon had hundreds of clients and it did not seem appropriate.

We did serve lovely drinks and cakes and mince pies, sweets and chocs etc and this seemed to go down very well. I think my clients would have been embarassed to have received a gift and felt they had to do the same. Actually most did bring chocs and wine etc. We usually ended up with more than we started!! :)

I have never given clients a gift at Christmas ... nor a card. Our salon had hundreds of clients and it did not seem appropriate.

We did serve lovely drinks and cakes and mince pies, sweets and chocs etc and this seemed to go down very well. I think my clients would have been embarassed to have received a gift and felt they had to do the same. Actually most did bring chocs and wine etc. We usually ended up with more than we started!! :)

So I take it a present is out of the question???? :lol::lol::lol: Darn it... I had my eye on a lovely diamond bracelet...

I think the law should be.... the therapist/technician receives...the client gives... ( which amounts to the same thing! )

I think a token gift at Christmas to say "thanks" is a lovely idea ... whether it be a bag of goodies or some wine and nibbles, it will be well received.

Last year i just did nice drinks etc in the salon for clients to help themselves, it will cost you a small fortune to do this for every client and personally i just don't have to the time at christmas to do all this as it is the busiest time of the year.....xx

The first year i started i gave Xmas gifts...small candle, chocs and solar oil. It seemed a nice idea...however the second year we hit financial problems and i couldn't really afford to do it again but felt i had somehow made a rod for my own back and that it would be expected again. So i stretched the already tight budget and did it again...but to be honest i don't think it is nessesary....how many of you get Xmas gifts from your hairdresser...? Over here a lot of businesses give the clients/customers a little gift a christmas... we get them from the bank, hairdressers, perfumeries , bakeries etc etc ... usually the week running up to Christmas day... I got a fantastic bunch of goodies from a hairdresser including Kerastase shampoo... another year it was a crystal trinket dish! Plus we have had some useful gifts from the bank...:lol::lol::lol:

My fave is the Austrian Bakery .... they gave me bread baskets and a huge bag of Austrian biscuits ... and I only bought half a dozen bread rolls!!!!

My fave is the Austrian Bakery .... they gave me bread baskets and a huge bag of Austrian biscuits ... and I only bought half a dozen bread rolls!!!!

:eek: the bank actually give you something...for nothing ....? :eek: heck i live in the wrong place...xx

all my flippin bank gives me is bloomin bills !! :eek: :lol:

I wont be buying gifts for clients,
but i will be offering drinks, mince pies etc starting on the 2 weeks running up to christmas and carrying this on untill 2nd january 2008

Latest posts

Back