Christmas presents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
Evening geeks.

Christmas is approaching fast!
A time for family, friends, drinking, festive food, cheerful songs, wooly jumpers and of course presents...
My mums has this thing that presents should be personal, she always said if we brought her anything for the house she would be so mad, not in a ungrateful way but she would prefer to receive nothing at all than a new iron or pan set....
Is any body else like this? Do you hate receiving things that focus on your career etc??
Xxx

Yes. I hate anything practical. Although this year, as I'm hairdressing training, I wouldn't mind some new electricals for my kit!

I remember one year my aunty gave me a set of 10 tea-towels (with some other random bits, mugs I think). I had just moved house, but I was gutted!! And I cried! I know I should've been grateful (I was kind of) as they were useful, but birthdays and Christmas are for treating yourself! :-()

I love to get perfume for Christmas !
Then you get the usual bath sets they are OK but after like the 5 th set they get a bit boring , as i have 2 little girls Christmas is for them now so im not fussed about me anymore but im really excited for this year already done my shopping !xx

Ha I'm called the voucher or receipt girl in my family, because I will always ask for one, I'm just really fussy so I would prefer to be honest and say can I take if back than for it to sit in back of the cupboard and collect dust!!!
But I'm same I've got a 3 year old now, so it's all about her, plus I did all my Xmas shopping in October!!!xxx

I've followed on in my mums foot steps, my other half was saying he wants a George Forman for Xmas I went mad,I don't mind grabbing one after Xmas especially with the sales but no way am I wrapping him one up! It's boring and sad haha...
I'm the same with bath sets (probably because I don't like bathing) but they are typical gifts that have no thought put in to them xxx

Oops. I've just made myself sound yucky. Haha what I actually meant by not liking bathing is I prefer showers, so bath salts/bombs etc never get used haha. Eewww xxx

I love bath sets and toiletries but never get them anymore ! Lol

My oh is getting a slow cooker this Christmas from me as that's all he goes on about! And other small bits and bobs lol.

I love getting bath sets too and i know i'll get loads again this year but I've just moved and only have a shower! :( i did however tell my mum to get me a bath salt set (about 12 different bottles) so i could use her bath whenever i was there lol sad i know haha.
Vicki :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I agree, it's a bit of an insult to receive pots/cleaning stuff..... something personal is much nicer : )

Great thread. My mum bless her one year got me a wok, tea towels and a bread bin and my nan got me a food processor. I was gutted! I was grateful but I love being spoilt with perfume etc that I couldn't normally buy myself. However this year I've asked for a cooker hood as I really want one and we are so skint we can't buy it ourselves.
I'm going to make loads of little gifts for family, I love making jams and chutneys, soaps and bunting x

I agree, you want those gifts you wouldn't usually buy yourself... My mums friend was moaning that when her children wash the pots they go through a full pack of cloths, so her Other half brought a her loads of packs of clothes one year, she was fuming, but he actually thought he had been a big help :s

Latest posts

Back