Christmas raffle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
I've been trying to think of things to do for xmas in my home salon and i was thinking of maybe doing a raffle for a beauty hamper. Does anyone know if there are any rules regarding holding a raffle? I don't want to be breaking any laws.

One thing I used to do is get sheet with 50 boxes on, sell each box for £2, once all the boxes are sold you can then give £100 worth of products / treatments.....

One thing I used to do is get sheet with 50 boxes on, sell each box for £2, once all the boxes are sold you can then give £100 worth of products / treatments.....

Oooh I like this idea. I might do somethign simular maybe not be so generous though lol

Ah Thankyou, I do think with a raffle if its not for charity you need to be careful as if you sell all squares get £100 give a prize for £60 what are you telling them you are doing with the rest of the money?
Bare in mind the value off £100 will be how much you retail the gift / treatment for not how much it costs you to buy / do if that makes sense x

I do a raffle every year at Christmas all the money goes to the British heart foundation, I do £1 each or £4 for a strip(5 tickets). My prizes are first prize is £50 worth of treatment second price is £25 worth of treatment and third prize is a Dermalogica skin kit, it is drawn on Xmas eve by either my mum or dad. When I take the money in to the local heart foundation shop they give me a certificate to display so my clients can see how much we raised and that it has gone to who I said it was. Last year I raised £210 for the heart foundation.
I have also worked in a salon where they did a raffle for a beauty hamper and the tickets were £1 each and the money raised was for our Xmas bonus so how every much you took in your raffle book was your bonus you got that year,I found it strange that clients never questioned what it was for.
Kirsty

I do a raffle every year at Christmas all the money goes to the British heart foundation, I do £1 each or £4 for a strip(5 tickets). My prizes are first prize is £50 worth of treatment second price is £25 worth of treatment and third prize is a Dermalogica skin kit, it is drawn on Xmas eve by either my mum or dad. When I take the money in to the local heart foundation shop they give me a certificate to display so my clients can see how much we raised and that it has gone to who I said it was. Last year I raised £210 for the heart foundation.
I have also worked in a salon where they did a raffle for a beauty hamper and the tickets were £1 each and the money raised was for our Xmas bonus so how every much you took in your raffle book was your bonus you got that year,I found it strange that clients never questioned what it was for.
Kirsty
Aww thats a lovely thing to do, well done you!! Not sure about the raffle for bonus in a salon though, sounds a bit strange.
I was thinking of covering the cost of the hamper, giving a couple of treatment vouchers free for 2nd and 3rd prizes and then giving the the proceeds to a relative who is raising money for a sick little boy who needs treatment abroad. My only worry was it may be against some rules to do a raffle in a home salon.

Ah Thankyou, I do think with a raffle if its not for charity you need to be careful as if you sell all squares get £100 give a prize for £60 what are you telling them you are doing with the rest of the money?
Bare in mind the value off £100 will be how much you retail the gift / treatment for not how much it costs you to buy / do if that makes sense x

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. It would be for charity. I have a donation box in aid of cancer research and have done raffles in the past. This would be the same. I wouldn't want to give away such a high prize as all the raffle money goes straight into the cancer research charity box.

But saying that I might fill up all squares if I did offer a nice high prize.

X

Latest posts

Back