Christmas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paige rosie

Reaction score
This is my 1st Christmas in my own salon. People keep asking me what special offers I will be doing for Christmas. As a rule I try not to do offers.

Do you do offers? At Christmas or all year round?
If do what kind of offers do you do?

Thank you for help in advance xx

No! No offers at Christmas it's when we make our money but I always give little gifts to clients to make them feel special!

As above... No offers! Maybe a little xmas thank you (maybe a discount voucher valid for Jan to get them back in ;)) an xmas card, glass of mulled wine. I love the cinnamon & mulled wine plug in air fresheners in Dec 😊 xx

Ohh no Definitely no offers its our most profitable time ;)
I give my clients a christmas card thanking them for their custom and wishing them all the best for the new year la la la xx

Hi there, no offers for me to but then again I very rarely do one.

i second the no offers for services. what i do if do offers for gift cards and sell those like crazy.

Last year i had cards with my logo printed up by the fab Carl at Verve. I included 3 percentage off vouchers to be used in January. I sent 35 out. I had one lady use them. I wont be doing it again.

Unsure what to do this year!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I send all my clients a Christmas card with a 20% discount voucher to be used between Jan and the end of March on any treatment of £20 or over. Nearly all my clients use them. It is my way of saying thank you for your custom as I rarely do offers. It also encourages the clients who only ever have waxing to try something like a massage, and get clients through the door in that lull that can sometimes occur after Christmas.

I am very strict in that they have to bring the voucher with them, and it does not get extended.
I will be sending out around 300 cards!

Vicki x

Yep during the month of December we can 'Christina's gifts' to Everyone, men, childen, everyone to use from jan -march you can give them a couple to give to their friends brings much more business and encourages new clients.. Make sure it says they must spend a certain amount of money tho lol even collect them back up, don't put a date on them and if there good condition use next year :)

The 20% off vouchers sound like a really good idea.
Where can I buy these from? x

I wouldn't do any offers. However, I would make the weeks before Christmas, extra special. Maybe have Christmas cookies and flavored coffees/teas available. Decorate the salon for Christmas.

You could also make little gift bags for clients. Maybe a mini Solar Oil, a file and some chocolates.

Offers FOR Christmas are generally a bad idea in IMO- you probably should be busy anyway. However offers after Christmas to encourage people back are usually a good thing.

I'm running this again myself this year, Zooks (above) didn't fare quite so well with them, though I'm not sure why because 90% of people seemed to do very well out of it! They're a double-whammy really, they're a nice card to give to your clients to show appreciation, and it's a encouragement to come back in the new year when it's a little quieter.

http://www.verveprint.co.uk/xmas2013.htm

I had mine done by a digital printer. They took my logo and did tinsel and baubles on it, and I had it printed on the back -

To thank you for your custom, Bliss & Beauty would like to offer you 20% off any one treatment of £20 or over, valid from Jan to 31 March

Or something similar x

Offer no necessarily means discount.
Make up a Christmas Package. If doing nails - with a Christmas design or extra sparkly. Manicure - add hot stone massage for hands instead of usual one and make it as a Special thing :)

20% discount voucher for your quiet months sounds like a plan :)

Last year i had cards with my logo printed up by the fab Carl at Verve. I included 3 percentage off vouchers to be used in January. I sent 35 out. I had one lady use them. I wont be doing it again.

Unsure what to do this year!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had 3 used out of 100. I've got a few left ill give out this year but not expecting much from them.

Jem x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

I've had a salon owner place an order for some of my Cognito Skincare products. She's doing a bespoke treatment for her clients & using really yummy sounding 'flavours' for eg Mulled Wine; Ginger Apple; Egg Nog, Christmas Pudding & Apple Cinnamon.

I bet her salon will smell amazing while the treatments are being done (as will my workshop when I'm making them!)

Special offers don't have to be discounts. You can quite easily put together a Limited Edition selection of mini treatments & still charge your usual hourly rate (or maybe even more as it's Limited & bespoke).

I did this a lot when I had my salon & it would encourage the regular waxing clients to spend that bit more on a pampering treatment.

Latest posts

Back