Chroma gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
I've just come across an advert for chroma gel polish, advertised as 'one step gel' and I was wondering if anyone had used it as I'm wondering how well it could work as it says there's no base/top coat or primer needed you just paint on one coat and pop it in a UV or LED lamp but there are good reviews xx

Ya I've been getting info in my fb page, its a new product only just launched I think so no one will have probably used it.

Unless its just new in the UK

Do a search its been around for a few years. It has never seemed to take off to be honest x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The one step is the one that got my attention. X

1 Step looks amazing - people that have bought it are raving about it. Gonna have to get some.

I'm going on a training day with them on the 27th as it caught my attention so much, quite excited really :)

Sorry to resurrect this post again but I just wanted to say that I bought one bottle of the 1 step gel polish out of curiosity and I must say the speed of application is brilliant and it lasts on the nails for a good while (had mine on for 3 weeks before started to chip) but doesn't really compare to the brand that I'm currently using (OPI Gelcolor). The colour is not as shiny unless you paint a normal top coat over it and it's a blinking nightmare to get off! Takes ages! It's suppose to soak off in 10/15 mins with acetone but I was still scraping away after having them soaked for 30 mins plus I had them warmed up.

Anyone else that's tried them had better luck with removal?

Has anyone else had experience with this please, currently interested in trying crystal nails one step crytal-lac, but have come across this thread and may be interested in this too! Thank you xx

Would love to know how folk are getting on with this? I have a sample in th post to try it out!
I currently have smart polish (same idea no base/top) on for th last week and I am very impressed I have to say.
Interested to see how these systems remove.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a trial with it, was quiet impressed with the one step but as said above, there was no shine and I had to use a clear varnish on top.. the clear that u mix with normal varnish was awful! The colours went very see through and just looked awful.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app
The Beauty Barn

Thanks. The smart polish has a lovely shine although it is a glittery one so that probably makes it look more shiney. Might get a smart polish sample t trial aswell.

Sounds like a good idea that needs more development.

As I've said before, I would like to see CND make something like this but with all the properties of shellac; hypoallergenic, long lasting, lovely finish and easy to remove.

Hi all

Did anyone use the CHROMA GEL Advanced - LED & UV Formula what you mix with normal polish?

It looks like a good idea I just wanted to get some feed back :D

Thanks
Dawn

Hi think there is another thread on here somewhere about the gel for normal polish, had quite mixed reviews if I remember correctly x

Hi all

Did anyone use the CHROMA GEL Advanced - LED & UV Formula what you mix with normal polish?

It looks like a good idea I just wanted to get some feed back :D

Thanks
Dawn

That's what I tried.. I didn't like it :( the varnish had a 'watered down' effect after being mixed with the gel so the true colour of the polish wasn't quite the same as it was in the bottle.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app
The Beauty Barn

I've trailed it and there was no glossy shine to it x

Latest posts

Back