Chrome and holographic powders?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JbellaNailz

Reaction score
What's the secret to the application process?
do you have to use gel for the primer polish ?
what brands do you like and use ?

What are the difference between chrome and holo powders?

Sincerely a girl on a mission for some out of this world nail designs?

I use gel polish either shellac or halo. I like mica but going to give lacente a go x

You need a no wipe top coat x

Gel polish and a no wipe top coat.

You apply your base coat -cure; color coat (s) -cure; no wipe top coat -cure then you can use a foam makeup triangle or I just use my finger rub the powder onto the nail, once complete then retop coat with the no wipe letting the polish and brush float across the powder don’t drag it or it’ll scratch it. Then cure and cleanse the finger of any residual powder.

Holo powder is well holographic
Chrome powder makes the nails look uber shiny as close to a chrome look as you can get. There are a million powders out there - I like whatsupnail art and twinkledt personally. But I think everyone has favorites

super educational thank you so much!!!! I was just on twinkld site I like the cost and colors available. but do the colors matter if your putting it over your own color that will transform the chrome or holo powder? that is a lot of gel coats though is there any way to do it with reg nail polish or a gel is a must?

Thank you so much !!!

I’ve never done it with regular polish OPI does have a chrome top coat for regular polish you can give that a go. I’ve only done it with gel polish. Usually under you’ll want white or black. The only one that picks up the under color is the holo. And possible the silver chrome. You can mix and match powders on your to make color shifts. Whatsup nails has a ton more powders than twinkledt.

It’s really not a lot of gel coats. It’s the way I get the best results. I don’t have any pictures left on my phone but my instragm has a few left.

When removing the gel polish with powder you just file those alittle more

Hi there has anyone used the millennium nails chrome kit from Dennis Williams what's the reviews of the millennium top coat please

What's the secret to the application process?
do you have to use gel for the primer polish ?
what brands do you like and use ?

What are the difference between chrome and holo powders?

Sincerely a girl on a mission for some out of this world nail designs?

I apply the colour - cure, then apply no wipe topcoat - cure and then rub on the pigment with a sponge applicator and then top coat over the pigment.

Latest posts

Back