Chu Jie soak off gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeccaj

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this soak off gel. Good bad or otherwise. I have had clients asking me about it as it has somehow made its way to our shores. It seems extremely cheap which concerns me, but I cant comment as I know nothing of it.

Any comments appreciated.

Rebecca

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this soak off gel. Good bad or otherwise. I have had clients asking me about it as it has somehow made its way to our shores. It seems extremely cheap which concerns me, but I cant comment as I know nothing of it.

Any comments appreciated.

Rebecca

I wonder where they have heard of it? I certainly haven't, other than anyone can purchase knocked off goods from China these days, but can't imagine where clients would have ever heard of it unless it is a branded product? Have you asked them?

Looks like a hong kong version of soak off uv gel/polish.. cheap and cheerful.. :eek:

Sarah x

Last edited by a moderator:
It is for sale on Trade Me, NZ equivalent to EBay. So you can see why I am naturally concerned. It concerns me that there is no training and the public can purchase the system, lamp and all, with absolutely no knowledge. I did a "Google" and it appears it originate from China. I was hoping someone here might have some information or experience of it.

The public (minority I know) see us applying professional products, thinks there is nothing to it, begrudge paying for a professional service and go and buy these untested/unknown products to use at home. They forget they are also paying for the years of training on hygiene, nail anatomy, product safety etc etc not to mention the years of research that goes into producing product that is well tested, safe and proven effective.

So if anyone has anymore information I would be interested to hear.\

Thanks
Rebecca

It is only a matter of time before someone with thin coloured gels sells out to the consumer ... of course it is going to happen. Sooner rather than later. They won't be able to resist will they!! Real professionals need to be offering something different that the public will not be able to buy.

Actually, there is a ton of this stuff on Ebay, there looks to be about 100 colours! Exceptionally cheap. Goodness knows what its like. I would be interested to know if anyone has tried it.

It is only a matter of time before someone with thin coloured gels sells out to the consumer ... of course it is going to happen. Sooner rather than later. They won't be able to resist will they!! Real professionals need to be offering something different that the public will not be able to buy.

Totally agree and it is up to us as professionals to make sure that we keep our own standards up by buying and using professional only products.

Ok deep breath then admit I have a bottle that I got from Ebay.I bought the black to practice application on my practice hand NOT humans. It smells awfull. Did what I wanted it for but wouldn't risk using it on clients:lol: xx

Ok deep breath then admit I have a bottle that I got from Ebay.I bought the black to practice application on my practice hand NOT humans. It smells awfull. Did what I wanted it for but wouldn't risk using it on clients:lol: xx

Lol. Well done for admitting it. I must say I've looked at it loads of times but just know I would regret buying even one bottle, but it has tempted me mainly because of the colours.

Interesting what you say about the smell. I bought a bottle of the Millennium gel and that stinks!

thank you all very much for your comments. Geeg, bI guess you are right, it is bound to happen sooner or later. I guess I was just kinda shocked and had hoped for some decent information about the product, but I guess the fact there is none says it all!!

Again, my thanks.

Might add, the reason this all came about was my client only wears french (clear, no pink what-so-ever, and white). But, actually has never liked the stark white. As I didnt have any other shellac option for a soft white. She went looking herself. Truthfully, I dont particular like the stark white either, so hope it wont be long before there is a soft white in the range. I talked her into Shellac from L&P, but feel I might have done myself an disservice. She loves the shellac just not the white.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you all very much for your comments. Geeg, bI guess you are right, it is bound to happen sooner or later. I guess I was just kinda shocked and had hoped for some decent information about the product, but I guess the fact there is none says it all!!

Again, my thanks.

Might add, the reason this all came about was my client only wears french (clear, no pink what-so-ever, and white). But, actually has never liked the stark white. As I didnt have any other shellac option for a soft white. She went looking herself. Truthfully, I dont particular like the stark white either, so hope it wont be long before there is a soft white in the range. I talked her into Shellac from L&P, but feel I might have done myself an disservice. She loves the shellac just not the white.

Your wish is granted my dear! In September Shellac will offer 6 new colours and one of them is a Soft White for the free edge. Along with the Clearly Pink, your client will have her perfect French Manicure!! Something to look forward to using.

Your wish is granted my dear! In September Shellac will offer 6 new colours and one of them is a Soft White for the free edge. Along with the Clearly Pink, your client will have her perfect French Manicure!! Something to look forward to using.

Thanks Geeg, that is awesome news!!

Lol. Well done for admitting it. I must say I've looked at it loads of times but just know I would regret buying even one bottle, but it has tempted me mainly because of the colours.

Interesting what you say about the smell. I bought a bottle of the Millennium gel and that stinks!
I think the colours are lovely and sooo many. Its interesting that the Millennium one stinks too wonder what delights are in these products lol x

I'm not sure why we are talking about a non-professional product and giving it air time on this profesional forum?

Hi! I live in Hongkong and here people use Chujie Gel polish and yes it smells awfull the first 24hours but it really lasts and don't hurt the nail. It really scares me that is sells on ebay and things like that because there are people that use it without training but here it also sells in stores for professionals. so not everything done in China is bad... there's a lot of beauty products that are made in China and sells in Europe, Uk and USA.

Latest posts

Back