Cirepil - Honest Opinion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Just got my order of Perron Rigot this morning. The website advertised it as 100% natural - had a look at the ingredients and its not. I got the euroblonde and Cirepil JT strip wax.

I know some of you use Cirepil - can I have your honest verdict. I might have to return it depending on how strict the owner of the holistic centre I rent a room is about the ingredients - as wax goes it's not too bad. I had a look at my depileve products and the ingredients are pretty much the same but I was looking for a more natural product.

If I return this I might get escential - have any of you tried this?

I use Cirepil and I love it but I don't think they claim to be natural. x

Cirepil's EuroBlonde is the best hard wax I've ever used - the addition of a synthetic polymer ensures it stays flexible as it sets, and it can be used at a much lower temperature and a lot thinner than other hot waxes I've tried. For me, I guess I would have to balance these benefits against the advantages of using an all-natural product - how well does this wax compare to the more natural alternatives out there?

I've also used both JT and Escential Lavender, and both are excellent cream-style waxes. I currently use the Lavender wax because the tins are larger and therefore more economical, but I find all their strip waxes are low tempertaure, go on very finely and smoothly, they work well over oil, and the wax stays "wet" long enough for me to speed wax (I can cover an entire body part with wax before I get my strips down, without any fear of it drying up).

The Escential Lavender is a lovely metallic purple and smells good, but aside from the addition of a Lavender fragrance, it is no more "natural" than the JT. I don't think the Escential Rose hard wax contains the same synthetic polymer as the EuroBlonde, but can't be 100% sure as I haven't got a packet to hand.

I must admit I've not seen Cirepil claiming their waxes are 100% natural, and a quick glance at the other brands I've used would suggest that the basic ingredients that make most strip waxes "stick" are the same, regardless of the company (although some of the newer gel waxes on the market don't contain rosin, and of course honey waxes contain... yes you've guessed it... honey! :lol:). Maybe sugaring would be the answer - the ingredients are so natural you can literally eat it from the tin, and hand sugaring with the paste ball is extremely gentle on the skin. :D

Andy x

The Irish supplier whom I bought the wax from had stated it was 100% natural, this is even on their website - I should have researched more.

I think what I'll do is maybe stick with Depileve which is pretty much the same ingredients as Cirepil's and buy their lavender product, I'll just make sure that clients are aware of the ingredients and they can choose.

I've done the research today on the ingredients and to be honest there's nothing that would worry me in Cirepil, I just can't afford to spend 360 euros on a complete new wax system when I already have one which may be just as good/same.

I don't think I want to sugar, I'm a wax girl all the way...

As a matter of interest Andy - what is your opinion on Depileve if you've used it?

The Irish supplier whom I bought the wax from had stated it was 100% natural, this is even on their website - I should have researched more.

Ahh, I didn't think to look at their other distributors, I just looked at the UK site, oops! There's nothing in the waxes that is going to be problematic for most people (unless you're allergic to rosin, but that applies to the majority of waxes out there), but it's a bit naughty if they're claiming the entire range is 100% natural!

I don't think I want to sugar, I'm a wax girl all the way...

As a matter of interest Andy - what is your opinion on Depileve if you've used it?

It's wax all the way for me too, although I keep my sugar paste on stand-by for the two or three customers I have who don't get on with wax at all.

I've only ever used one of the strip waxes in the Depileve range (think it had a picture of daisies or something on the tin, if that means anything??! :lol:) - it did the job well, wasn't as sticky as some I've tried if I remember rightly. Their range of waxes and pre/aftercare products is very comprehensive (almost overwhelming!) and I keep meaning to try their film waxes at some point.

I love Cirepil and feel it gives me the workability I need for my style of waxing, but everyone has different things they want from their wax and different ways of using it - if you're comfortable and happy with your product and it does the job well for you, then more power to your waxing elbow! :green: (plus it means you save yourself 360 Euros! :lol:)

Andy x

Latest posts

Back